Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

A little 100 day ramble

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Post Pen! The future is ahead, wide open and wonderful, and when you get to the Beach the next time (200 days) you won't even think about a smoke! Congratulations! [IMG]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Lainey_53/Penquins/HappyFeet.gif[/IMG]:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,426.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Penguin, Glad to see you here! It doesn't matter how many times you make the beach, it is the fact you made it! Huge hug from kev, well done on getting here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �424.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, congrats and well done! I like the part where you said, 15 pounds heavier but 100 pounds lighter off my shoulders :) I am right there too and totally get that relief. I hope you have a HUGE reward planned. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 171 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $299.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not Your crutch my darling your support on a journey.Yes a little like no mans land and yes you could get bored with the drudgery of it all but one day soon you'll know why you've travelled here and it will happen when you least expect it trust me . :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 215 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,870 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,150.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the second time I have reached this Beach, and the last time I ever want to make the journey. As long as I don't smoke I will never have to do it again. I'm proud of myself for getting here. All the practicing has finally paid off. I know exactly where the journey leads and how to get there. But walking around in NO MAN'S LAND, you could easily get turned around, just from the sheer boredom and drudgery of it all. So where am I at? Well, first, I am very happy that I quit smoking. I can breathe, taste and smell much much better. I don't stink anymore. I am about 15 pounds heavier around the middle, but if feels like 100 pounds have been lifted off my shoulders. I am more confident, less anxious, less angry and more content. I feel good about myself! In my analysis, I still think about smoking a lot. Even as I sat down to write this, there was the instant thought of "OK, let's have a smoke." Most thoughts are easily ignored. It is by no means comparable to the constant thoughts of the first 2 weeks though. Very annoying nonetheless to still have to deal with them at this point, as well as the everyday question of whether or not to continue - GEE WHIZ! I answer YES, JUST FOR TODAY. I also answer YES, because I don't want to do the first 100 days again...don't know if I could. I answer YES because I want to keep feeling good about myself. I answer YES because I have a 5 year old to keep up with. I answer YES because my 78 year old father quit smoking after 65 years of puffing! If he can do it, you bet I can! How to do it? ONE DAY AT A TIME, one minute at a time if need be. I often tell myself that "it's all part of the process." The SSC has been my crutch, my backbone many times. Thanks to you all who have supported me through thick and thin, thrown me a sardine every now and then. You know who you are. Couldn't have done it without you. To another 100 days! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,150.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$330,488.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 9

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: