Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

The Basket Case Syndrome

16 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe, Awesome post and wonderful insights from such a great bunch of quitters! [quote] Quitting smoking is the ultimate �me� experience. It is you against your addiction. [/quote] This really struck a chord with me and is the hardest part of this addiction for me...I must battle with my own mind. Living my whole entire life with addiction has made getting back to any "normal" completely impossible for me. I don't think I'm alone with this. The first few weeks of my quit were spent weaving baskets right here at SSC. Then I picked myself up, shook myself off and started getting on with life. It's been scary yet exciting to see the new me emerging. I've learnt that I am stronger than my addiction. I demonstrate that everyday by not smoking! I love living addiction free and hope you all do too! :) Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,820.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$121,248.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 965 Hours: 17

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I've heard that cinnamon has calming qualities, so considered sprinkling some into my shoes in lieu of foot powder this a.m....Worried that I might sweat and have some odd side effects to contend with, so decided to use some minty foot cream and keep a low profile. So far, so good. Tomorrow a.m. will be me crossing over that official one week mark. Have a good day, be nice, remain calm.... Quitmyster [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$249,826.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6617 Hours: 22

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Joe..I know that one day leads to another..and it is! lol at Quitmyster and Lady. I wish I had gotten more snappy early in my quit..now I don't think I would be believed. Nilbey Sounds like you're doing better today. Glad to hear it :) -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 233 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Golferman for that excellent post! I needed to hear (read?) that today. I am still early in my quit but I know the more I learn the more I want to STAY quit and keep reaping the benefits! Thanks again! ~valic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 65 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Use this time to let out all your frustrations. You can blame it on the quit! Tell people what you think and then look at them seriously and say "I'm sorry, I just quit smoking". Serioulsy, Patience can be thin early in the quit. Take extra time to think before you speak, especially to those you love. You will get through this time and be better for it. Feel free to use this site as a sounding board instead of those in your life. We understand. There is just something about that addict who needs a fix! Rant and rave here. We won't hold it against you. Congratulations on your awesome stats! Lady :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 705 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,467.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*grimaces* Quitmyster, I did the same EXACT thing to a friend of mine this morning. yech. Thanks for the post, Golfer. Niceto know there' enough crazy to go around :-) Happy Wednesday!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi - Hope you won't mind an extra thank you for your post Golfer (and the rest of you too)and an extra comment or two about the "basket cases." Having worked closely with some amazingly dysfunctional non-smoking co-workers over the years, I feel the need to point out that ex-smokers have overcome their own problems, AND have had to insist that their non-smoking co-workers overcome their own dysfunctional behaviors. For example, suffice it to say that I am no longer qualified for the Miss Congeniality award as of today. Co-worker comes in, typical emotional mood (crying, tears streaming down her face) over an issue that I have listened to SOOOOOO MANY TIMES, that I had to hang on to my chair arms in order to not leap across my desk early this a.m. No, instead, I slammed my fist on my desk and shouted, "You are unhealthy, your whole family is unhealthy, and you like it that way, because you keep telling me the same problems over and over. You do not seek out help or change, you just victimize the heck out of everyone around you. You are unhealthy and your family is unhealthy. I do not want to hear about this anymore!" ...It's been pretty quiet, except for the progress reports I keep getting on her work productivity. --- Just thought I'd offer this up for consideration/comment. Venting is good, laughter is better. So much for the crown! Thanks, QuitMyster (alias Tazmanian Counselor) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$249,826.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6617 Hours: 22

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mister Ed, Exactly what are you admitting to??? :8o: Glad you liked the post, sane or otherwise! [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 752 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,842.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 135 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$36,338.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9769 Hours: 16

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe, You refer to a 'temporary state of insanity'.. What's temporary about it? :p Great post - thank you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 478 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,585.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 76 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Josie, You're one awesome mod!! (does that get me any brownie points??? :p ) And I concur... there have been great replies from our stellar group of quitters here! How cool is that?? alohakeia, you will get to where I am the same way I did.. one day at a time! No shortcuts allowed! ;) The roller coaster ride will end soon. You are at about 4 months now. As time moves on closer to your 1 year anny, you will find yourself settling into a comfortable state of being quit. There is no substitute for time. Just hang in there and the days will roll on by. Continued best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 751 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,839.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 134 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$36,338.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9769 Hours: 16

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: