Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

The Weekend is Over

17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Genevieve, Isn't it great? It's these triumphs that will carry you through the days are that a little more sluggish. Positive reinforcement. Now it's not just hearing "it will get better" or "better days are coming", you are living them. And about knowing that you 'can' choose to smoke - I think that is important for everyone to realize. We will ALWAYS have that choice but yuck, who would want to ;) And you dear lady have chosen not to over 210 times. That is definitely worth celebrating! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 978 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,571 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4401 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 75 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$37,069.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 4

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Genevieve, heartiest congratulations on that first 13!! Sounds like you're solidly in the groove! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 889 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $323.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
gen, Excellent experience and thanks for letting us know! You passed a few tests and gave away those added temptations! Use that tacky ashtray and fill it with candy! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
genevieve, Congratulations on 13 days of kicking a$$!!! You are almost finished heck week and it only gets better as the days go by. You are very strong to be able to go out to a pub and not be tempted! Chocolate can be very good for you when you're first quitting as it releases the "feel good" endorphines in our brains that are similar to nicotine. So eat slowly and in moderation if possible :p or the weight gain can become problematic. You don't need a saftey net anymore, you are a not a smoker so don't keep any ciggies around to tempt your junkie. Your son is very thoughtful to bring you a present and I'm sure he will be proud of you for not needing it! Keep playing with your IM...I have seen your message and left an offline one for you. If you can't figure cutechat out, ask again and someone (like our cutechat guru phil) or one of the mods will walk you through it step by step with full details. :) Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1008 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$121,363.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 16

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gen View support group. Hit Launch!!! I will find you from there dont close that cutechat window!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1286.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gen - it's fairly common to have those "I could go out and buy cigarettes" thoughts during your quit. The key is to then immediately tell yourself, "But I CHOOSE not to!" That puts the control back in your hands and it will make you feel stronger. At least, it works for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 4

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phil Thanks for yours. Have tried the IM thing. Have been given instructions but just don't get it. I'm not too bright on the whole computer thing. It took me about a week to get to the stage of posting notices and remembering how to find them and their responses. I'll have another go.. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Tacky items are always great. My old ashtrays are being used as a mealworm feeding station for robins in my back garden. It seems more like a wildlife sanctury every day. In fact I am sure I saw an alligator in my pond :) Its nice to hear the bird sounds in the spring, but with so many now you have to run the risk of getting cr4pped on regularly. Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Genevieve This post is SO funny..... Esp the ashtray!!!!! It could have been me a few months ago.... My eldest son brought me a box of cigars from Spain (He hadnt realised I had stopped) I still have them!! HONEST MATE IT DOES GET BETTER! Phil x I am in IM tried to find you..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,394 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1286.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Easter weekend. Four solid days of sitting around thinking of how I'm not smoking, trying not to eat too much chocolate Easter eggs and I'VE DONE IT. Actually made day 13 - so far unscathed. Went to the pub a few times and mixed with other smokers but was OK. More at risk while in the house or being stressed out with too much time in the company of others most usually only seen for a few hours a day! I had actually kept two cigarettes from my last packet. Just in case. You know - some emergency might crop up which would absolutely demand a cigarette. But my partner ran out on Saturday night so I gave those to him and that is that. No 'safety' net now. Although I do still think along the lines of 'If I REALLY want to smoke I CAN still go to the shop and buy some'. No doubt some of you will say I shouldn't even allow that thought process to develop but it helps me. My son has just come back from holiday in Spain and left me a very cheery greeting on the answer machine saying he was back and had brought me a souvenir: a tacky ashtray from the Sierrra Nevada. Have texted him with the news that I won't be needing it but maybe could use it as a plant pot. Hope everyone out there is well and have also had weekends to celebrate. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: