Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

feeling depressed

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul, Please take some time to read and read and read more here on this site... The posts will answer all of your questions about the process...and the emotions that come up... Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 394 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,819 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1832.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Paul Listen well to all these people... Your are not alone and most of us go through the "blues". When you get depressed, take some nice deep breaths, while closing your eyes and visioning something that gives you enjoyment, then get out and get away for awhile, take a walk, ride your bike, anything that you enjoy, tell yourself it is time for a reward for getting over another bump in the road. If your depression gets worse or does not give you a break from it, you may want to check with your doctor about possible hpothyroidism. Some of will have this problem all along and not know it because the nicotine has been covering it up... Your body and your life are worth throwing every at this addiction that you can use, we are all behind you use us :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Paul just wondering how your doing today. I went through the depression part and on occassion still do. My weekends are the worst. At least during the week I can stay busy at work, but it's finding things to keep up occuppied on the weekned. I find myself walking a lot lately especially when I get bummed out. It gives you something to do and it's good for you. I felt like you did yesterday and it was hard not to smoke. Don't give up on yourself you've made it through hell week and congratulations on 9 days today. Keep posting it does help!!Taking a nap helps too let us know how your doing.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Paul! Your feelings are totally normal. I felt really depressed too, and it does go away with time. I found that I was depressed in part, because I thought about quitting as something I'd lost (my cigarettes), and turned it around to think about what I'd gained (a healthy life). Just think about the accomplishment you have made by quitting, and feel proud of yourself. You are strong and you can win this fight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $109.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul, Hang in there and please know we are here for you. I find weekends to be the toughest for me, especially Saturday (was always my heaviest smoking day). Above all, protect your quit and know that each day you remain smoke free it does get easier. Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh yea Paul, it is so common to feel down and really tired. The part of you that's addicted to smokes is yelling out and pitching a fit for a cigarette right now. It will pass bit by bit. Rest all that you can. Your body is still healing so rest is so important. I promise, you'll get your energy back. I felt so down and couldn't keep my eyes open. I even got depressed about sleeping so much.....like I was missing a good part of the day. But, it does pass and one good thing about resting and sleeping, you won't feel those cravings. The best thing is your body is healing and you'll realize just how much better you're starting to feel. Don't worry, what you're going through is normal. Just hang in there and post all that you need to. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,881 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $147.19 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Paul This is not uncommon. I went through the same thing. All you can do is hang in there, it does pass. Eventually you will get over the hump and you'll feel better. I know with me I had to push myself at times. I also took a day or two just for myself. Slept a lot and did what I wanted to do. Sometimes we need to do that in this quit. Be good to yourself and do what you need to do to keep the quit. Let us know how we can help you. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 770 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul, Please know that you're not alone and that this is very common. The trick is to be kind to yourself in the days to come. Reward & spoil yourself and if you're tired, take a nap. Keep persevering! Better days are ahead. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul, Depression on day 8???? Oh yeah. Don't feel like doing anything. Yeah to that too! I can remember my evenings and even a few weekends were spent in front of the TV watching shows to get my mind of off things, and also because I didn't feel like doing anything. And you know what helped? I didn't try to fight it. Its all part of the normal process. I lived on Law and Order, CSI, and Criminal Minds for quite a while. Believe me, this WILL pass. I can attest to that. I still like to watch TV but I'm able to do other things now. The way we behave when we quit smoking is just a testament to how strong and powerful nicotine REALLY is. It not only hits us physically, but it takes a psychological toll as well. We all do overcome this, but its good to accept that we're not going to recover in one week. Be good to yourself, don't expect too much and work with your coping techniques. That helped me. There are good days ahead! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,334 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $693 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul - If you go through old posts, you will find that tons of us have gone through feelings of depression during a quit. (Also anger, tears, etc) Quitting smoking is like going through the grieving process and feeling low can be expected. It will be very important to reward yourself. We need to keep doing things that make us feel good (it has something to do with endorphins I think) All the best to you.....Congrats on day 8! Hell week is over! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,035 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1005 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: