Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

Changing Values

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lady, I took nothing personally and only felt helpless that we could not assist you further in your time of need. The members took over with wonderful support and what you have given in the last couple of months, you have received 10 fold :) We do care, and wish you a good day, everyday. Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Josie, I merely share what I feel. I'm crying today and really hurting a lot but I know that I value my quit no matter what. It is mine and mine alone. No one can take it from me and I will not give it up for any reason. Regardless of how tempting it may seem at the time. Writing is therapeutic for me and it is how I get through a lot of things. Just a little coping mechanism I picked up along the quit journey road. I apologize for yesterday. Thank you for your support. It's been a long road and you have been there every step of the way. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 634 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,691 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2219 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Once again you have managed to share your experience and floor everyone! You are instrumental and an asset within this site and we are always there for you, thanks for being there for us :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Genevieve, Hi We all respond to each other on here. You have to just keep reading the posts. If someone wants to single you out, they will put your name on the top of the post, so that you know the response is for you. You can also launch your im and speak to some of us that way. Like I just put you on my budy list so your name shows up when I get into the im. If you want me as one of your buddies, you need to add my name to your buddy list. It really is easy once you start doing it. let me know if that helps. thanks Karen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"[i]No matter what is going on in your life, hold on to your quit. It is a precious commodity. It will become something you value as you progress along the quit journey. [/i]" Hey Lady, Perfect timing. I really needed to see this today. I have been considering starting up again to deal with the stress of Spring. I know from my last failed quit; though, that starting up is easy, quitting again, not so easy. Thank you for posting your tale again. A fellow somber :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,123 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1644.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$113,567.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6327 Hours: 23

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi genevieve, I have starteed a post for you in the Introduction Section. Just find your way there and you will see your name...reply to the post and it will be your very own. You will have many many people there to help very soon. Pat :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $812 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$121,324.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 9

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gene, I quit cold turkey. It was a mental thing for me. If I was going to put nicotine in my system I would do it by smoking. Forget the alternatives. Take a lot of deep breaths and drink plenty of ice water. It will help you get through. When you feel you can go any longer, wait another five minutes. When you are finished with that, go another five. Five minutes at a time you get through. Just focus on today. Don't worry about tomorrow it will take care of itself. Something I told myself early on over and over again was: Everyday is one day closer to never feeling this way again .... and As long as I don't light that next cigarette, I am doing great. Believe in yourself, you can do this and you will be so glad you did. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 634 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2219 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've picked your message kind of at random. I just can't work out how to join the whole forum scene. I just quit today really and want to engage in 'converations' with anyone who will listen and anwer back about just what it all means. I don't want to do the gum thing or the patches. I had to give up drinking three years ago every day living.Will wait now to see if anyone replies to this....
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, I live, I learn, I grow...and I do it by watching you and people like you. Stay positive...you're my shining star. ((((magic hugs))) Pat :) First Mate Magic Ship [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $812 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$121,324.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 9

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now that's the Lady we all know and love! Glad to have you back! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 648 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2676.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8

Reading this thread: