Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

If you can do it anyone can

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy you ARE amazing and so are your 162 days smoke-free! Even if anyone COULD do it if they work hard enough, its still great that you HAVE done it! Way to go. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 276 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $89.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$119,589.21

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 0

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy #1 What a CheerLeader you are to set such an example! Listen up everyone: SSC..SSC...WE ARE THE CLAN IF WE CAN'T DO IT, NO BODY CAN!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went out for dinner with some friends that I haven't seen since November and I guess I hadn't told them that I had quit (our restaurants are non-smoking so they wouldn't actually know). Anyway, when they found out that I quit, they were shocked. One friend said "Well...there you go...If you can do it, anyone can!" That one kinda hurt - Here all this time I thought that I was amazing and it turns out that anyone can do this. When I put it into perspective, I had to realize that "I" never thought that I could quit so why would my friends think that I could. In addition, I never indicated to them that I had any intention of quitting. On the positive side, it probably is true, if I can do this ANYONE can. On the negative side, it brought back some old feelings about how strong that addiction was (and believe it or not some cravings too) Back here with my green tea...heading for my remote control soon...Think I will go to bed singing: Windy Windy...she's our Wo - man If she can't do it, nobody can (working on that self-esteem thing) Night all Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 162 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, The truth is that anyone CAN quit! But it takes strength, perserverence, desire, dedication, a positive attitude and commitment, which many smokers are not WILLING to put in. So yes, what your friends say is true... anyone CAN quit - but not everyone DOES! You have and should be VERY proud of that! Stand tall and be proud of your quit! You're doing something that everyone CAN do but something that not everyone does! How awesome is it to be able to say that you HAVE done the one thing for yourself that gives you more life on this earth! Very few of us can say that! So be proud! You better believe that we all are VERY proud of you! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 481 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1986.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have a superb singing voice and if Windy can't do it then nobody can! Sounds right, pleasant sleep winner.
Windy, I'd say everybody luv's you! :8|:
Here it is! A post for Windy
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 340 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy Remember one thing - you are not anyone, you are you. Your quit is yours and the journey you have taken to get to where you are with your quit is yours - uniquely yours and no one elses. It is possible for anyone quit however only one person has faced what you had to face and done it your way - and that is you. And you are fantastic. So there! All the best Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �349.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 301 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Windy, your post has really struck a chord with me. " I had to realize that "I" never thought that I could quit so why would my friends think that I could". A little self belief sure goes a long way. Since it's the middle of the day I can't go to bed singing. But I'm going to sing my praises anyway and start recognising the achievement. Thank you. KiwiKeith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1682 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: