Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

The Magic Ship Thread

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, This ship is taking a detour! I have locked this thread as it has become very long. I have also started "The Magic Ship Continues" in this forum so that we may all continue and celebrate our wonderful milestones :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good afternoon to all. I can't wait to get to Jamaica - we're awaiting a nasty snowstorm here in NJ. :( Rainie - so glad to hear that you kicked that demon overboard. How dare he try to trick you! Remember - most people are largely into themselves and if the folks at work don't smoke they might not realize that you've quit. Not smoking is the norm for them. JT - the spa awaits! I think we both deserve manicures & pedicures, don't you? Aah. Almost time to pick up the healthy kid from school. The little one got sent home sick. I am so hoping for a snow day tomorrow so we can all stay home & veg out. "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy..." - See you later. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 187 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 3

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Rainie, honey - please don't tease us about the cold and snow! We've got cold, snow, sleet, freezing rain and ice here in the northeast. And a snowday too - schools and hubby's office are closed so we're all home today. 3 of us are recuperating and the healthy one is laying like a lump and has a bit of fever now :( So far no major craves, just thinking about the waves, sand and warm weather. Speaking of warm weather - big test coming my way next week. We're heading to Fla (further south than you Rainie - I'll wave from the plane!) visiting my parents & grandparents for a few days. Now, none of them knew I smoked, but my mom and her critical nature have sent me running to escape for a cig plenty of times before. Major trigger that I need to be prepared for. Luckily we're staying at a hotel and will get some escape and of course the Chantix (almost up to my renewal rx) will be coming along! Exciting trip though - its the first time in so long that I didn't have to worry about whether to bring cigs or buy there, where to stow so kids couldn't see them, was there a balcony to smoke on, etc... Yea! Anyway, good luck with all the work Mr. M and Rainie. Hope everyone else is relaxing and dreaming of their favorite tropical frozen (made with fat-free alcohol) drink and palm trees and gentle breezes. "I like dreaming Cause dreaming can make you mine. I like holding you close,... even if its in my mind" 70's song by Kenny somebody. If anybody knows his name let me know! Later all! By the way, thanks for the cake!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good evening shipmates. I bet you all thought I fell overboard today! Nope, I even went out to 7-11 for the first time since quitting to get my favorite iced coffee and wasn't even tempted to buy a pack of cigs! (I guess the nasty cough that hurts my throat helps, but really the temptation wasn't there at all - hope it stays that way!) Spent most of my day planning and setting up baskets - fun but time consuming. The rest was spent vegging out! So I'm ready for that glass of wine now, please! With a side of Dark chocolate! My heads in too much of a fog to come up with music now - luckily you guys have already chosen some good songs for today. I'll hopefully be back in tune tomorrow. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 179 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good morning shipmates. Got a few minutes to sneak on - spent lots of time with older daughter yesterday and hardly had any time/privacy to post. Well it was good quality time with her, so I guess it's ok. Of course today I'm coughing too and don't feel so fab. But it occured to me that if I were still putting that awful smoke into my lungs, how much WORSE I'd be feeling! So, lazing around in Jamaica sounds good to me, mon! IRIE as they say there! Bring me my strawberry daquiri (need the vitamins!) and some choc chip pancakes (choc cures all, right?) and I'll be fine. And let me add some more Marley for Pat... "One love, one heart. Let's get together and feel alright" Enjoy the sea air everyone.:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks for the feel better messages everyone. I'm trying to fight this thing off - slept a lot today, taking vitamin C, eating oranges. Rainie - glad you had fun at NASCAR. Not particularly a fan myself, but the cars are pretty cool looking. And, I guess some of the drivers,too based on Pat drooling over there! Captain - glad to hear you got yourself over the rough patch this morning. Make sure to call out here for help when you need it - I check in lots during the week! Lets hope for smooth sailing this week. Faith - funny thing about the smell of smoke - I was at the library on Sat. and this man was standing near me and he just REEKED like a dirty ashtray. It really reminded me of how yucky smoking is. Though I never smelled THAT bad - I spent too much of my life hiding it and covering it up! LOL. Of course I'm sure I'm more aware of the smell now too! Great music Pat! Sounds of the Islands. (and Julie - next stop Margaritaville, huh?) Good night shipmates. Check in with you all in the morn. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Ahh, its a calm quiet night on board the Magic. Ooh, look, you can see so many stars. So peaceful - no nasty smoke puffs polluting that air! I hope everyone has a great weekend. Breathe free. I'll try to check in when the kids and hubby allow me to use the 'puter in private! So far older daughter mostly healthy, but hubby feeling a bit under the weather. Looks like I'll be playing nurse to all this weekend (Phil, if you're reading this, don't get the wrong idea!) Almost time to dream of Pina Coladas and chocolate (do they go together? I guess chocolate goes with everything! LOL) Good night shipmates! "Nananana Nananana, Hey... Goodbye" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Pat & Faith - you are so right. This is way more than a habit it is an addiction. I never really understood how insidious it was till recently. But it's NOT going to get me again. I'm going to save Pat's words in a file I'm making for inspirations. Thanks Rainie, too for the virtual hugs and support. You have all been so great. I'm so glad to be on board this ship with you all. Tomorrow I'll be back with some new music to get back to sailing with. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Ok. Story Time : The Perils of Pining for a Puff". As I 'fessed up in another forum, I caved and slipped yesterday. Bought a pack of cigs pulled out one and threw the rest out (never intended to have more than one, just a few puffs). Background - I've had it pretty easy over the past week, minimal cravings and they went fast. I think the uneasy feeling started Sunday night but I pushed it away. Came back strong Monday morning. I actually tried to combat it by viewing posts here. Wanted to post myself, but ran out of time as I was late for an appt. Being late I also didn't have a chance to grab some alternatives (straw, sucking candy, gummy worms, etc...). I argued back and forth in the car with myself, sang some of the ship's music out loud, told myself it was one week don't blow it. Anyway, halfway thru my chiropractor appt, I felt a sudden calm and thought I was ok. Boom, on my way out it overtook me and I guess I knew a puff or two would quiet the voice and then I'd go on my merry way back to quitting. Well it worked, in a way. It hurt my throat, made my hair smell terrible (noticed it so much more, now) and I just thought, "I am so past doing this. I can't go back to it." Then I started coughing for the first time in a week! Anyway, I did not change my quit meter since I feel it was a slip not a regression. However I've been trying to hold off showing it till I get a few more good days in. I'm back on track and more determined than ever. Lessons Learned : 1- This habit is nastier than I realized and being away from it just a week drove that home. Everyone : relish not smelling stinky anymore and being able to breathe freer. 2- For some people Hell Week & Heck Week might be reversed. 3- I have to start meeting these bad cravings, when the "nicodemon" seems to be taking over my brain, head on and learn to get past them. If I sneak a smoke everytime I have one of them, I'll never get beyond them and succeed in the long term. 4- Like a good scout, we must be prepared for when the cravings hit! Anyway, if I must walk the plank ... It will NOT be with a cigarette anywhere in sight!!! Sorry the story turned into a novel! But thanks for "listening" and I hope you all benefit from my mistake.
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Ok Captain, here's some MoTown music, lyrics adjusted a bit. "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day. When its cold outside, I've got the month of May. I guess you'd say, 'What can make me feel this way'? My PALS, My PALS, talking about my SCC PALS, My PALS" I gotta run now - school pick-up in a bit and a busy afternoon schlepping the kids around! But I just blew off stuff this morning and went back to sleep after they went to school! Yeah. Felt good. Be strong everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

This thread is locked.