Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Not down - just a tad disheartened

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gonna - That even sounded like a Marie reply! No more impersonations in the SCC room....I was actually think....gee I thought that was Gonna! Sneaky beggar! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 658 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Thanks you guys...and you are so right. In fact, she told me that she was just visiting with a neighbour and out of the blue had a smoke...then a couple days later she went back and borrowed another one. I think I better save some of my first posts to remember how desperate I was/am to quit so that I never forget that smoking makes you miserable. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 655 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Hi SCC - Not a bad day...just feeling a litte disillusioned/confused. I was out on an appointment today and invited one of the women for lunch. I had forgotten that she smoked until she reached into her purse to have a quick butt before lunch. I was honestly putting myself in her place (I bet that meeting was really long for her and she must have been dying to have a smoke) She only had a couple puffs and put it out apologizing for holding me up (I told her I didn't mind and to take her time...I knew that a couple of puffs would not have been enough for me if I had waited for 3 hours and I really didn't mind) She didn't know that I had smoked as I had never smoked in her presence. I told her that I was on the patch but that smoking didn't really bother me unless I was craving. Then she said that she had quit for 4 1/2 years on the patch....... THAT is where the dishearted, discouraged part came in. I knew the first week would be hell. I know the first month would be hard. I even know now that there will many tests to come for many months to come. However, I was hoping that by the end of the first year, my quit would be strong and that I would not be tempted to smoke again. It really scared me to think that I could work this hard and that long for something and then so easily give it away. (Of course...then I felt like smoking) Didn't smoke...popped on my patch and bought a green tea and I'm fine. I guess it just shook me up a little... Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You did really well Windy!! Nico was being a flashy and out in front while you quietly resisted!! You did very well!! YEAH!!!! I am proud of you!! =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$36,196.08

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 421 Hours: 15

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy please don't let this get you down, it will happen again and again be aware of it, every one is different if you don't make the decision of taking that puff you're home free. This is what I mean by one day at a time. Today you were strong and you took the decision not to smoke. Congratulations you passed another test. On with the quit one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $488 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gonna you of all people should know not to commit identity theft......LOL. One day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,844 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $488 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[i]Heavy sigh...[/i] YOU are doing GREAT, Windy. We can't predict what is down the road and we can't be responsible for the behaviors of others. One day at a time. Marie HAHA-oops (Gonna) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,794 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Windy. I know exactly what you are thinking. At least I think I do, because I too thought the same way early in my quit. I thought what is the point of quitting if I am going to have continually struggle to stay quit. I thought if people that have been quit for such a long time go back to smoking what makes me think I can stay quit. In short that is 'junkie thinking'. I have a different way of looking at it. It doesn't matter if someone has [u]never smoked[/u], if some has just quit, or if someone has been quit for a long time. Any 3 of those types of people can pick up a smoke and get hooked. Also, don't forget we are all different. Just because someone else went back to smoking/started smoking, doesn't mean you will. Take that info and use it to make yourself stronger, not weaker. Keep it going Windy. You're a winner. You are a non smoker. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 154 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $616 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 8

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Unfortunately, it happens. Keep your guard up and keep all you've learnt about quitting close so that if you should ever have to make that decision, you'll make the right one. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't read this post before we chatted last night :( You have so much going for you and smoking will not make anything better. As a retread I can tell you it is better to be uncomfortable for a while and keep your quit. I alway thought if I didn't buy a pack and just bum a cig from someone I would be okay. Right!!! Instead of thinking she lost her quit at 4 1/2 years, think of all of those that have not lost their quits. Stick with the winners!!! See you on Monday ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: