Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,649 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO

The Journey is the Reward

17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Lady ! I like your para: -------------- I have said time and time again that quitting is a soul-searching, life changing experience. This has been a journey of self-discovery and accomplishment. It has also been a journey that has given my life so much more meaning than I have ever experienced before. While there are times that we may struggle, the rewards are endless and this is a journey of a lifetime. Don�t give up on yourselves during the difficult times. I read a quote the other day that said hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have is not permanent . We all have hope here. ------------- It's a great inspiration for me! :) nmc
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Lady! You are a remarkable person! Thank you for sharing your wisdom with all of us here! :) Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,949 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1309.21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smile Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,334 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm sure it will inspire someone to keep going in their quest for freedom. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a long way you have come, Lady. I look forward to the day. I know it will come if I can just be patient. In the meantime, I'm real glad for you being here and there's a reason you're in the hall of fame. People like you and Duffis and Golferman are what keep this place grounded and supportive. 435 days looks good on you! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1827 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you are here Rob and Lady. Rob it will come. Glad you posted. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 204 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,092 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1530 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady I really like that quote. I've been feeling the void lately, not wanting to smoke,but just feeling at loose ends. It's a seasonal thing relating to the end of summer and such. Glad this too will pass :) Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 414 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2070 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Don't ever quit quitting Mike. The journey is the reward. You said that so many times when we first quit and it really changed my perspective on the quit. I have enjoyed the journey ever since. Hang in there. You are Smober and you will stay that way! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 441 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1543.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We often refer to the quit process as the �Quit Journey�. The journey from smoker to ex-smoker is a trying one for most. This site is full of advise from wise people, who have traveled this road. The advise from people traveling the road with us and the bonding of the friendships made here, make the quit possible for a lot of people that never thought they could do it. There hasn�t been a thread in a while that expresses the wonder of the quit. Talking with smokers, quitters, and want-to-be-quitters has brought a lot to my attention. Having traveled this road and been around this site for over a year now I have seen a lot of people come and go. This is a place of safe haven. There are quitters here who have no other support than this site. There are those that just need to vent and let off steam and this is a good, safe, anonymous place to do that. I have said time and time again that quitting is a soul-searching, life changing experience. This has been a journey of self-discovery and accomplishment. It has also been a journey that has given my life so much more meaning than I have ever experienced before. While there are times that we may struggle, the rewards are endless and this is a journey of a lifetime. Don�t give up on yourselves during the difficult times. I read a quote the other day that said [b]hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have is not permanent [/b]. We all have hope here. In honor of my fellow Smober who seems to be having a difficult time, I just want to say the Journey is still the Reward. I�m always glad to see you popping back in. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 435 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,712 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1522.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post, Lady, and right on target. I often think that you are in the wrong profession. People need you more than numbers. :) But you do what makes you happy. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 475 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1805 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 88 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: