Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,648 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

Once Upon a Time

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lADY You are positively wonderful. Grace
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Lady! :) Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,564 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1247.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady thanks for sharing this :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
V.I.P. = Very Inspirational Post Thanks Lady!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $424 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$54,516.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 16

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Inspiring indeed! Thanks so much for sharing Lady. Some days it just doesnt seem easy to put one foot in front of the other - and today I needed to read a post just like yours. Thank you! Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $412.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Lady. You have accomplished and been through so much AND done it all with out smoking what an awesome achievement. Thank You for sharing this and showing the way. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,808 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1425 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
...and eventually she lived happily ever after. :) [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 372 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1860 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Janet, I've had many days like that. You CAN do it! Take some deep breaths and do something good for yourself. You are a quitter and you should be proud. 75 days is Awesome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 421 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,435 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1473.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There once was a Lady who decided to quit smoking. She didn�t know she was an addict. She didn�t know she was a slave. As a matter of fact, she didn�t even realize all the dangers of smoking, if you can believe that! In a desperate attempt not to fail again, she stumbled across the SSC where she found others that were doing what she was trying to do. A light bulb went off for this lady. There were other people quitting and SUCCEEDING! If others could succeed surely she could to. She watched others tell of their woes and was very quiet for a while. One day she was really going insane and ready to throw in the towel so she decided to post about it. Other quitters came to the rescue saying things like �it will be ok�, �hang on�, �NOPE�, "embrace your quit" and �Take my hand�. WOW! Awesome support from strangers! She grabbed some of those hands and held on tight. She began posting about how she was feeling. Why not? It�s an anonymous site and she would never meet any of these people. She whined and moaned, cried, and spent a lot of time in the pity pot saying �woe is me�. Other members helped her to see the world in a new light. Positive attitude, finding the good in everything, and perspective were introduced into her vocabulary. The lady began to think differently and began to grow. Whenever she felt like giving it all up and going back to the comfort zone of the way life �use� to be, those hands that she had latched on too early in the quit refused to let her go. With the support of friends from the SSC, this lady developed coping skills to get through the rough times. One day she took a step away from that pity pot, decided to try a little positive attitude, and began searching for inner peace. Today, she has a new job with a role in top management of a national manufacturing corporation where her ideas are already being implemented after just two weeks. She reaches out to pass on what she has learned to other quitters. She has friends and she has learned that love is an important thing to have in life. She lives in a different world then she did when she smoked. None of these things happened over night. As a matter of fact, it has taken almost 14 months for all these changes to occur. In other words, it takes
17 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 478 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3107 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$472,472.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5384 Hours: 9

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: