Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,629 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Positive Reinforcement

16 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 137 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,918.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$121,324.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 9

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thumbs_up_smiley.gif[/IMG] Here is something positive. I am really going to quit smoking this time. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This kind of thread is what keeps me going. N2K - just to let you know I have stolen your post word for word. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! Love you guys. At the end of the day, and after all our fears and anger have been expressed, this is what its about. Being calm, being centred, enjoying life, feeling proud, feeling strong and having a huge belly laugh. Oh, and not smoking. ;) x alison :) Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,704 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $700 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$90,854.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8667 Hours: 5

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lady, Shevie, Golferman, N2K and anyone else who responded. For someone as new to my quit, but not the newest, we definitely needed this type of positive enforcement. I had to read it a couple times to get it to soak in. Its true how Shevie described it, like being in a black cave and not knowing what will happen. That is why I have always avoided quiting in the past, the UNKNOWN was too powerful and I got scared. But with such knowledgeable people that come here that have their quits with high numbers, it helps me know that it is possible. Thanks to all the "old timers" that have helped me personally on my quit journey (and I mean "old timers" with respect only not in age). Hugs, Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 848 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $133.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't add anything better! To quit is to be free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here's mine: Never- and I mean never...in the 30 years I smoked, did I ever make it in any kind of substantial quit. Now....going on 5 months! The only thing I have to do is never take another puff. It's incredibly hard for me to do this,,,but I don't have a real positive attitude about a number of things. But I'm doing it! So, if I can do this, lousy attitude and all; c'mon! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,723 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1287 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for this. Good reminders how to stay positive. I know that I can turn and be negative in a second and I am always looking how to get back on top of the positive. Thanks for this. Glad you are all around. Phillip :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1072.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know how I missed this thread, but this thing is a diamond in the rough. If you want to learn something about following a successful quit, read this thread. With Lady's foreword and the humor of N2K (fantastic, btw), the insights and wellspoken words of Shevie, Golferman, Cheryl, Hummy and Luna - you all could publish a book. I mean that. My hat's off - I thank all of you for treading the path in front - we are fortunate to have you leading the way. I truly have admiration for each and every one of you. Wonderful thread - just wonderful. keep fightin' the good fight - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 290 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,715 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Evening Members :) Here's my "positive" contribution [b]Top Ten Guidelines for Enlightenment[/b] 1. Be a Fundamentalist -- make sure the Fun always comes before the mental. Realize that life is a situation comedy that will never be canceled. A laugh track has been provided. Have a good laughsitive twice a day, and that will insure regularhilarity. 2. Remember that each of us has been given a special gift -- just for entering. So you are already a winner! 3. The most powerful tool on the planet today is Tell-A-Vision. That is where I tell a vision to you, and you tell a vision to me. That way, if we don't like the programming we're getting, we can change the channel. 4. Life is like photography. You use the negative to develop. And, no matter what adversity you face, be reassured: Of course God loves you --He's just not ready to make a commitment. 5. It is true. As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles tend to get caught between the ears, causing a condition called truth decay. So be sure to use mental floss twice a day. And when you're tempted to practice tantrum yoga, remember what they teach in Swami's Absurdiveness Training class: "Don't get even, get odd." 6. If we want world peace, we must let go of our attachments and truly live like nomads. That's where I no mad at you, you no mad at me. That way, there'll surely be nomadness on the planet. And peace begins with each of us. A little peace here, a little peace there, pretty soon all the peaces will fit together to make one big peace everywhere. 7. I know great earth changes have been predicted for the future, so if you're looking to avoid earthquakes, my advice is simple. When you find a fault, just don't dwell on it. 8. There's no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world, and we'll never have to change it again. 9. If you're looking to find the key to the Universe, I have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is -- there is no key to the Universe. The good news is -- it has been left unlocked. 10. Finally, everything I have told you is channeled. That way, if you don't like it, it's not my fault. [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/im

Reading this thread: