Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,648 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

One Year Later - Lady

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Many will continue to look to you for inspiration and learn from your experience. Keep up the fantastic quit! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Six months later.... The quit journey continues... Throughout this quit I have been saying that I am no longer the same person. I wish to retract that statement at this time. Since quitting smoking I have been introduced to the �real me� a little bit at a time. The one that doesn�t hide behind the smoke screen rather faces life head on. This is an amazing journey and one I do not regret in any way. Quitting is the most wonderful thing you can ever do for yourself. Always remember N.O.P.E. No matter what may come your way. If you are a new quitter who doesn�t believe in yourself, don�t worry about it. As you progress along the journey, the milestones you reach will teach you to believe in yourself. My journey continues and every day it gets better and better. Quitting is a soul-searching, life changing experience. Enjoy it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 549 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,993 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1921.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Lady, you have acheived a great thing. Hope to make it through that journey as well. Good job Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 299 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrads Lady. I too am fighting every day for my quit and you have helped me on a daily basis thank you and every one else, again you should been so proud.I hope you have a great reward coming [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Pleased to be a fellow traveller on the road! Some way behind you perhaps, slowly but surely learning a new life day by day... And congratulations again! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1035 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post! Congrats on 1 year! You have been there for me and that means a lot! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $211.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic post Lady... [quote] Quitting is a process and we have to go through the stages in order to be successful. Withdrawal is the easy part of the journey. Learning how to deal with life on life�s terms is what is so complicated. [/quote] This was the most powerful thing that struck every chord in my quitting book. Thank you for sharing this here. It is absolutely truth in the face when you quit, after you look back and reflect on what was toughest, I'd have to agree 100% with that. Withdrawl, however not easy per se, is most definitely the easier part of the quit. It's when you really notice how your life has been on 'standby' all these years that you really wake up and start 'working'. Many Blessings and congrats again on your one fantastic year! :) Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 686 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady....... [IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6593/congrats20no.gif[/IMG] Making it to the one year mark is incredible!! I have only known you for a little over 100 days, but........ I noticed you right away. You stuck out. You were (are) so kind. Your words have meant more than I can say. We are alike in many ways. You have been an inspiration to me since the start of my quit. Not that I am happy that you have had ups and downs so hard, but you sure do offer some good advice and words. And if you haven't gone through your quit the way you did, your words would have been different. Fighting for your quit made you so strong. I am so proud of you!!! Okay, it's time to party!! [IMG]http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7731/bandplayinginstruments5ej.gif[/IMG] I brought you some cake too..... [IMG]http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7065/bdaycake0bc.gif[/IMG] Enjoy!!! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,555 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $385.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady - A wonderful post for a wonderful Lady - honey you got parties going all over the place today! Like I said in the Stats Parade....Thank you so much for reaching out to me time and time again. How's your golf game going? You need to come down and play a round - but you have to bring your beautiful children! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,625.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5862 Hours: 1

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady - Oh I think a weekend at the Beach would be a great reward but don't come in July I'll be out of town every weekend this month :(. So much going on and I don't want you to come when I'm not here! Golf sounds great - I'll drive the cart!!LOL!! would hate to see those wormburners flying off the tee for this Island Girl!! But would love to take pictures of you and the kids at Driftwood Beach - that would be a blast!!!! Keep me posted!! Maybe Labor Day?? or another weekend in August, September, October - get it??? anytime!!! Would love to see you! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,625.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5862 Hours: 1

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: