Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

A HALL OF FAMER SPEAKS OUT

17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thyourock.gif[/IMG] Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 885 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $158.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello SSC It has been a long time since I have been on the site. I am so glad I stopped in and Luna your thread was the first I read this evening. I could relate to the cravings latley. We are expecting our third child. I used to be a chimney around this time. I know I can never take one puff. Thank you This why I visit the site. Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/24/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 284 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luna.. Once again, I love your post. You said it all so well. I can relate to so much of what you said. I burned my closet. This has been a hard year and even at 11 months I have still craved the nasty cigarette and faught the nicodemon. I too know the feeling of getting the email from Josie and having the tears run down my face. I too, know that I will always be an addict but I will NOT smoke again. I feel every word of this heart felt post you have written and shared with us. You have been and will continue to be an important factor in the success of so many quitters through the experience and knowledge you have gained from this journey. It is a priviledge to travel with you, my friend. Hats off to you Luna! A while back I made the comment that people here at the SSC had restored my faith in the fact that good people still exist in the world. You are one those that played a big role in that restoration. Thank You. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 338 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1183 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for that post Luna. Your words have touched me and brought me to tears. We all identify with what you are saying. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2628 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carole, I have only one word for that post... WOW! That was great! You have a way with words, to articulate perfectly your feelings and emotions and to capture our attention and hold on to it tightly! I enjoyed reading that post! I have read bits and pieces of your story before, so I knew a lot of the struggles and the challenges you have faced with this quit, but that didn't stop me from reading it again and being thoroughly rivited all over again with your success story! You are such a wonderful part of this quit family! Congratulations again for your award. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 219 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,497 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $904.47 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luna, Sweet words. That was the first thought that came into my mind after reading your post. Sweet words. Words of a survivor. Words from the heart. Words that tell of struggle and success. Sweet words. You are such an awesome individual. And yes... the freedom is, as you so articulated so well..., [b][color=black]D E L I C I O U S[/color][/b] Thank you for choosing this site to assist you in your quit. We are all better for your presence here. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 386 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $945.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$36,354.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9773 Hours: 23

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post by a wonderful lady, Luna. Delicious. I never thought of a quit in those terms, but it is so true. Congratulations, Hall of Famer. Well done. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 378 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1436.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear, dear Luna - Well, we both made it past the one year mark and both honored with the Hall of Fame and neither one of us had an easy trip BUT here we are with our quits intact!!!!!!! Your post really touched me for I couldn't believe as my one year mark approached I was having many doubts, fears, and almost wishes that I could have a cigarette. I couldn't understand why. I quit coming to SSC because I was afraid to say anything. Now I realize we all go through approximately the same thought processes with this quitting business.....it's crazy but true. Love and prayers go with you. Have a happy, smoke free life. Hugs, Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 412 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1565.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luna you are awesome. Your posts are always so great to read. Once again you have outdone yourself. Thanks for being you :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 414 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,369 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed - I have read many of your posts. They are wonderful. Have you ever seen that movie "Pay it Forward"? I think posting on this site is sort of like that. We all help in the ways that come to us. Each of us is just a small cog in the wheel. Together we ROLL!!! Thanx John W - you are one of those wise people who went before me and left clear foot prints in the sand. And thanx to Zyban and Quitter - who I think of as "newbies" but who are actually well on their way to the Beach. And Sunshine - you are just that - a ray of sunshine for many, even though parts of your life are dark. You wrote quite an epistle. Alot going on for you. I really hope you will go back to the group therapy. You have NOTHING to lose, and everything to gain. I used to be a therapist, and I have also been in therapy before. Being in therapy was one of the most life changing and exciting times of my life. It is scary to start (like stopping smoking) but it was sooo worthwhile. I can only encourage you to Go for it!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 415 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,392 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1452.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$795,252.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5686 Hours: 9

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: