Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Stress level is climbing

18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, There is a lot to contend with now. Your strength and resolve will see you through. I've read the many post here all are great! You will find a way to deal with it like every other non-smoking person in this world does. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 298 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles Whenever your stress is really high, and you crave that cigarette to eliminate it. Remember all the good advice and support that you have given all of us. Do not take that cigarette, it will not really help, just get you hooked again and you will have to go through all of this again. I hope that things get better for you. We are all praying for you, your family and friends who are sick. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles You are dealing with a lot of issues right now, I can totally relate to some of what your going thru right now, my brother in law past away recently from cancer, my aunt has emphysema and my son was deployed to Iraq on March 7th for the 2nd time. Our quit dates are about the same so if you are like me you are trying to remind yourself why you quit, just remember smoking is not a good way to releave stress. Just keep hanging in there I know how hard it is to deal with cancer and the deployment, but you will get a lot of support here and that helps. We have to stay strong and healthy for our son's return. take care and i will be thinking of you tls [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $367.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Cuddles!!! I am so sorry to hear about the stress in your life. You know that smoking won't help but I understand the feeling!! Hang in there girl and know the Knights need you and your great uplifting spirit. Hope things start looking up for you!! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS] Hey Cuddles.. Sometimes I feel like such a moron because I will miss posts that I would surely want to respond to. This is one of them. I don't know how I could have missed it. I noticed that you were not posting too much but I didn't know why. I am so glad that you got some good news.. life can be so overwhelming sometimes.. that we just need something to fall out of the sky for us. I'm glad you got something. You needed it. You sound like you need some pampering.. something that is just relaxing to regroup and get rid of some stress.. Sometimes when I am just at the end of my rope and drained emotionally, I give myself permission to just drop out a bit and relax. (I justify it by thinking that this is a kind of sickness and therefore I can take a break and get well) Take care of you.. Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,301 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cuddles you are doing great at 45 days even if hubby is not. It sounds like the 4 wheeler is his payment not yours stand strong. I am thinking good thoughts for the both of you. Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,304 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $314.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles - wow - you really [b]ARE[/b] being pounded, aren't you? It's hard enough coming up with new coping mechanisms for everyday stuff, let alone the true stressors.... Hang in there. I know you have heard this before, but smoking won't solve any of these problems, won't make you feel better, won't change the outcome of any of these events.........all it will do is make you feel even more stressed out and perhaps even angry at yourself on top of everything else. Try to find a new way of coping, to take your mind away for a few minutes every day......perhaps meditation? Whatever you choose to do, just please hang on and don't smoke. We're all here for you when you need us......... Sheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $627.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cuddles, I don't have the time to post much these days but I was so pleased to see 39 days on your meter. Please, please, please remember that the bad stuff happens whther we smoke or not. Lots of what you describe is not fair, in fact its downright rotten...............but it has nothing to do with stopping smoking. That 39 days is a great achievement so hang on in there girl. Mad Englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 754 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �535 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My stress level is climbing. Every time I turn around another person I know has been dagnosed with cancer or are being tested for it. 1 died, 1 has terminal cancer, 1 has prostate cancer, 2 have been tested, results negative {Thank God] and now we are waiting on my moms test results. She sure dosnt need cancer on top of emphysema. Then last night I was told that there is a strong possibility that my 24 year old son and my daughter in law, will be going back to Iraq soon. I need to stay strong because I DO NOT WANT TO BLOW MY QUIT THIS TIME. I am stronger than Nic and I will win. I just hope things get a little better soon. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 783 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your support and advice. I promise I am not going to light up. Groovekitty - your right I dont want to go through this again, and I would be totally pi***d off at myself if I gave in. tls - looks like you are dealing with alot of issues to. Sometimes it helps to know that you are not alone, but Wish all these issues would not surface together, but wishing wont help. Just have to learn to deal with it, with out smokin Casey. 3galegh, aubanki, golferman, lady, silver, ladybugg, chickenstix. [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/messages/Thanks70.gif[/IMG] Cuddles Things will get better, just wish they would hurry up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 793 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: