Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,627 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

The Smoke Free Life

17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump, She really knows what she is talking about. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 212 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sous, Thanks for the bump! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Should have read The choice we make to live.
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady Thanks! Yes a breath of fresh air. And it is all about the choice we make to like. Trying is Dying :) Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 490 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Post Lady! Most posts do focus more on the negative aspects of quitting. This post is like a Breath of FRESH Air....literally! Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady, I couldn't agree more, yesterday was real tough for me i forgot to put my patch on and realy suffered. I was tempted to give in, but having 13 days behind me helped me to hang on. I am so glad i did today i started a new job and i am still smoke free. I started the morning with James Brown 'I feel good' and i surely did all day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 403 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �31.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/th1005-005-92-1028.gif[/IMG] Great Post [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 625 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We post of the woes of quitting, the difficulties, the depression, and the struggle to break free. Is quitting hard? Yes it is. Are there days you feel you will lose your mind? For me there have been a lot of them. Are there days we think it just isn�t worth it? Yep. So what do we do? Just keep going. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and don�t ever give up on yourself. The gratification of being free of a lifetime of enslavement to that little cigarette is beyond description. Our confidence grows each time we resist the temptation to smoke. The first time we go a few hours without thinking of smoking is amazing. The first time we handle a stressful situation without smoking thoughts crossing our minds is awesome. Things happen when we quit smoking. Our perspectives change, our thought process change, our confidence grows and people around us notice these things. Slowly but surely our lives become better and we become better people because of the challenges we overcome. Then there is that one day�that one morning that we wake up, usually after a tough period in our quit and we realize that we will not smoke again. We feel good about our decision to quit and no longer resent the challenges that it has presented. We feel the freedom and we want to shout to the entire world [B]�I AM FREE�[/b]. A lot of you are struggling to stay quit. Each day is a battle but remember this is a battle for your life. The thought of smoking may be consuming every aspect of your life right now but I assure you that if you hang in there, one day you too will wake up and feel the freedom. You will feel the freedom to breathe, to think rationally, to improve your life, and to truly live. The smoke free life is like a dream come true for those of us that have smoked for as long as we can remember. Is it worth the agony? Oh yes. Will you want to go back? No way. Believe in yourself. You have the strength necessary to make this dream come true. Hang on with all your might and when you feel you can�t take it for one more minute, just take one more step, and then another, and another. You CAN do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B]
18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for this post. All the new people need to realize that this IS a dream come true. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 280 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,048 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2016 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: