Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Knights of the empty ashtray - February Quit Group

18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Islandgirl- Of course you can join us. Welcome aboard and congratulations on your decision to quit. My husband is still smoking too, but he has taken measures to make my quit easier...he only smokes outside now and he makes sure that he does not come around me smelling of smoke, he will even take an extra shower or two a day to ensure he doesn't smell bad for me. I hope you will get the support you need from your hubby. Be sure to check in with us often, and post anytime you need to or want to. This is a great support group and there's always someone here to help you through the tough times Here's to another smoke-free day! Sheila [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 554 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a fantastic achievement! One week down, a fantastic lifetime ahead. Well done. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To all my fellow quitters - may I wish you all a very merry smog free weekend :p Sir Quitalot Knight of the empty ashtray [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �27.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great thread and a completely awesome bunch of quitters!!! I love all you guys and am proud as hell of every single one of us!!! YAY us...We are doin great! Keep up the good work everyone! Welcome to all of our new Knights also...Glad you are all here...The more the merrier! ((((((((((((HUGS FOR EVERYONE))))))))))))) I am off now on a quest for consumable items that are not nailed down...LMAO!!! Nix the Stix in 06 Knight Amy :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Cuddles and Christine for hangin tuff! But hey...That's what the Knights of the Empty Ashtray do, right!?! Great name you guys, and I'm proud to be a Knight! I believe our count is somewheres around 24 or so...which is awesome! Let's keep kickin the ash and sayin nix on the stix! WOOOOHOOOO KNIGHTS! Smoke free and lovin it!!!!! Love you guys! ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Knight Amy :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I AM STILL HERE !!! Of course , I don't smoke anymore.. Yes, a nonsmoker, a toker of the past, a x-smokey, an x-ashtry jockey.. No, I don't light up anymore.. (Head thrown back and walking with a new swank in my swag...) But still here guys.. and want all you Knights to know that you all have helped bring me to my new found nonsmoking status !! Thanks guys !! Knight Christine at your service. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Congrats Knight Island Girl !!! Hell week is over Huh ??? Don't forget to reward youself !! I was just looking at your stats.. you used to smoke 4 cigarettes per day ? Or, is that amount you were down to when you joined us here ? doesn't matter just wanting to know more about you.. Major hurdle behind you now !! I am looking forward to hering about how you are feeling now.. differences in breathing, cleanliness, etc... Hang Tuff !! KNight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Welcome Wayne39 and Autumnkissss !! Like Riverdale man said.. there is always room for more quitters !! Congratulations on deciding to quit !!! Wayne39 and Autumnkissss you are hereby KNighted in the name of the Knights of the Empty Ahtray. You shall herein be entitled to all the privileges and rights and support provided by this noble institution. Welcome guys ! Wayne.. where are you from and are you quitting cold turkey or are you using the patch or anything ? Autumnkisssssss.... I am sorry about your mother.. I understand exactly how you feel.. I have seen lung cancer first hand in my own family and my mother has late stage emphysema. Thank God you have come to your senses. We are here for you.. please stay strong and these first few days will be the worst. Try to put the smoking out of your mind.. DO NOT SIT AROUND THINKING ABOUT IT !! Ask any questions you have.. people here really do liek to help.. they helped me when I first started.. Hang Tuff ! Knight Christine PS sorry you are not goin so well chickenstix.. what's been happening ? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Islandgirl, I'm glad I did.. sorry about you dad. You sound quite together and know that you have got to stop this before it gets you. My mother has late stage emphysema and I have had like 8 aunts and uncles die of lung cancer.. they all smoked. The family thing really is scary. I only wish that I hadn't waited so long.. I'm already 46. Welcome and great luck to you.. Hang Tuff Island ! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Well welcome again Wayne ! Four days is a great start. The first week is the hardest but, just remember that you are in rehab and whatever comes comes.. right ? During the first week especially take it easy and sleep or eat as you like.. you body is changing a lot.. Some people forget to eat well and get sick during the first week. You body needs all the help it can get to adjust to the change.. You will be at day 7 in no time and then... time just flies.. Hang Tuff Wayne ! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 749 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: