Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

The Poker Game

18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4]Text[/size][color=Red]Text[/color][font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font]Loved it !! Laughing nervously... Christine :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL I guess I was so freaked out I sent it twice!!! Double your pleasure, double your fun. [color=Red]redrosie[/color]
Wow Brent, so many things to say! You have a lot of time and an active imagination. You are very eloquent. You are always entertaining and thought provoking. I think of your posts as big shiny presents with a big bow on top. You know, the kind you unwrap last because it seems so special. And my last comment. I know you are a mad Englishman, but do you reside on this planet or the other England that is in an alternate universe? lol. Beam me up Brent!!! [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/alienabductee.gif[/IMG] [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,024 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Wow Brent, so many things to say! You have a lot of time and an active imagination. You are very eloquent. You are always entertaining and thought provoking. I think of your posts as big shiny presents with a big bow on top. You know, the kind you unwrap last because it seems so special. And my last comment. I know you are a mad Englishman, but do you reside on this planet or the other England that is in an alternate universe? lol. Beam me up Brett!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,024 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Penquin...........no I don't think like that all the time, sometimes I'm even madder ;p Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 471 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �335 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Texas Hold�em Have you played Texas Hold�em? It made me smile as I imagined the smokers version of this poker game��you see the cards are slightly different to normal. You are dealt two cards face down�these are yours to keep and cannot be changed, in fact you could say that you can�t get rid of them. So use you imagination and stay with the mad Englishman for a few minutes as I take you through a game. There are three players and the dealer is ready to start. Player One gets his two cards and sneaks a look��.Ace of lung cancer and a three of dogbreath��..will he be able to make anything really strong or will it be a lingering and slow death. Player Two gets her cards����a pair! Queen of Emphysema and Queen of COPD! She is breathless with excitement! Player Three sweats nervously as he peels up the edge of the stained and smelly cards�.he has rubbish�..you can almost see it in his eyes as he reveals a 3 of Dependency and a 7 of Poverty. The betting starts as people raise and call. The flop is dealt�..three face up cards, the Jack of high blood pressure, the Ace of Throat cancer and the 3 of Irritability. Player One looks smug�.a pair of Aces bring out a big bet. Player Two has the Queens ace high now and calls. Player Three has the small pair and decides to bluff, who knows�..he may get lucky. The turn, the fourth face up card, the players having to make a poker hand of 5 cards from all the available options��a 9 of Stinking Clothes fails to excite the crowd. Another round of betting ensues�����and the final card is dealt����.the river! The three of Despair and Addiction slides onto the table. The winner is Player Three!!!!!! He grins as he reveals his 3 to add to the others on the table. He slumps back in his chair, the sweat glistening on his brow as the realisation of his true prize takes hold, a massive cardiac arrest as his struggling heart gives up the struggle to pump his thickened blood around his choked arteries ������and the grim reaper smiles and the other players wait their turn to win, because you see, in this game we all get to �win� one day. Mad Englishman. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 466 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �330 [B]
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A hand 2the dealer of another very good message~ [font=Georgia] You've got 2know when 2hold'em, know when 2fold'em, know when to walk away and know when 2run. ;) [/font] ~all the best N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 176 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,889 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $880 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now I know how to play. I think I'll sit this one out. Brent....Isn't it time for a soap update????????? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $794.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, It's ironic that this post is all about Texas Hold'em... I used to play VERY frequently (4-10 times per week) at amateur poker tournaments where no money was involved (although I won a $200 gift certificate once), but quit playing after I quit smoking... too much of a temptation to smoke, since those two things were so tightly intertwined. So connecting smoking and playing Texas Hold'em in a different way is quite interesting. One comment though... lung cancer, dogbreath, emphasema, COPD, Dependency, Poverty, Throat Cancer, Irritablitity and stinking clothes... I thought there were only 4 suits when playing cards!?!?! ;p Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,713 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $356.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the laugh. Thouroughly entertaining. But....Do you really think like that all the time?? It's a choice! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,671 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $759 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$330,488.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 9

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: