Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Nobody likes a sad Doctor

18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Went into the doctors today for a followup on all the test that he ordered last week for my lupus. Sort of a mixed bag. Liver enzymes were back to normal, and the inflamation labs are on their way back down. The x-rays were not to bad. Then he pulled up the stool, and sat right down in frount of me. (Now I am a Nurse, and I know that is not good news.)He asked me how long ago I quit smoking, and I said 212 days ago. (Ha, I even know to the day, just like most of you) Then he looked me in the eye and said " Just Why did you quit smoking?" I told him because it was time. He wanted to know if I was having any breathing problems, or chest pains, or coughing, etc, etc, etc. Then he told me there was something on the chest x-ray. Looked like it might be a tumor or something. Must have repeated 4-5 times that they couldn't be sure what it was. Had I had my mamogram this year? :quest: Ok, so we need to get on this right away. How is your schedule for the rest of the day today, and what about tomorrow if we can't get you in today? Oh, and well we need to do a CT of your chest and abdomen. Sometimes these lesions can be caused by a different type of arthritis and we need to check out both areas to see if there are any more, and to find out more about this one that we see.(not an expert you understand, but I have never heard of that one.) :confuse: OK, Let's set it up for this afternoon if it is possible. (This at 9:15 in the morning). At 3:30 this after noon they did the scan. I got home at 6:30 after being gone since 7Am. At 8:45 this evening the doctors nurse called me. She wanted to let me know that she had seen the CT results and wanted to talk to me about what they showed. NO Tumor. Some type of calcification lesion, looks like from a lung infection in the past couple of years. Any way she thought she would just call and let me know so that I could sleep tonight :) And so HOW WAS YOUR DAY? Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy]No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 213 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $607.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Being on pins and needles is a bad way to spend a day, Cheryl. I'm so glad it turned out good. It was nice of the nurse to call that evening so you wouldn't spend the night worrying. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheryl what an awful scare you have had, go and reward yourself for the wonderful quit you have and celebrate every day to its fullest. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,755 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2152.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bad girl! Bad, bad girl! Cheryl, you scared me to death! What a nightmare. Next time, start the story out with �it was all a mistake, but . . .� - SOOOO glad it was a scare and not a for real nightmare. And by the way, you are not �Almost Positive I Never Will Again!� You are ABSOLUTELY Positive you will NEVER smoke again. :p Send the nurse roses on Valentine�s Day. What a jewel! Hugs, Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1774.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$472,305.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 11

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~huggs~ whew! [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,088 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2125.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$52,410.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 11

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What to say or what to do at a time like this? I share your relief, that about does it for now! Best Wishes Penitent d625
  • Quit Meter

$56,804.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 2

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think you should celebrate anew the fact that you "chose" to stop smoking! and thank the Lord that you did. what a scare....I shivered for you reading your post....and then I breathed a huge sigh of relief when you go the good word. I am sure my sigh was no where near the size of yours though. So glad for you that all systems are a go Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1490 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 194 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$158,949.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 21

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheryl, Thank you for sharing you story with us. Please lean on your family for support and the site :) If you kept smoking, the results may not have been the same, it may have been masked until later in life. Keep us updated and keep strong, You quit smoking, you can do anything now :) We are glad you are ok! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: