Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Bad Days

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

I am happy to hear that you are going to the Y tomorrow and getting back on track.  I joined the Y 2 weeks ago and have started water exercise and swimming and I love it. 

Sid
14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well the video will be harder than I thought. Turns out its to big to email. I did it with practice videos and it worked, so had no idea it wouldnt. So I am trying to find another way to take it off my phone. At the Y I do the cardio, then mess around with the speed bag and shoot some baskets, then I do strength training. I do the Nautilus Nitro circuit. Usually spend about 2.5 hours doing that. Then there is a steam room, sauna and juccuzi. I want to start swimming, but the hours are weird for the times I am downtown. I go to a noon AA meeting most days too. Last week I did practically nothing, sure it didnt help. Too many problems to deal with. If I was just driving like I used to. I look at me in the video and I barely recognize me, Im so different, its weird. I wish I had a friend, I mean a real friend. Like my wife used to be, we were like two peas in a pod. Then we grew apart. I lost my wife, best friend and my buddy (my son)
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, I would love to see it!  Also glad you are going to the gymn tomorrow.  I've been slacking on my exercise the last four days - gotta get moving, moving, moving. 
I donated all the clothes I wore when I was 50 lbs heavier, I got to keep it off.  What do you do at the Y?  Total body work out with all the machines, strength training, treadmill, free weights.  What's your favorite?
Hope you can upload the video! 
Hang in there and keep letting us know what is going on! 
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL! I am sure you are not a dork!

I wonder if you could upload it to your profile some how? It would be neat if everyone could see it!

Ashley, Health Educator
Its called Facing us. It's just your story of your Bipolar/depression, recovery. Just 9 mins or less. I just did it. I think it was ok. Hard to do by yourself with a blackberry, but they dont care about the video quality. I can email it to you, if you want to see what a dork I am. LOL
Going to the gym tomorrow is a good idea. I also like the video idea! What exactly will you be doing for it?

Ashley, Health Educator
My quit has been hard, I have driving on my mind a lot and it has me worried. The only hobby I have is going to the Y to workout and I havnt done that for a week and a half. I am going tomorrow. All I have been doing is messing around on the comp. and thats getting boring. I cant stop thinking about Josh and I have this video I have been planning on doing on my mind, its a contest with the DBSA. I have to do it myself with my phone, so dont know how its going to turn out. Would be nice to win something. I enter everything and never win. I just want to wake up from this bad dream still. 
 I have no close friends and my family wants nothing to do with me, I really have no one right now. For years all I had was family and work. Now I have neither, Chaplains say I have God, but I still feel alone.
I'm so sorry you are feeling like this Lance. Things have been so hard for you lately. 

Please don't feel alone.  We are here for you.  I know it is only over the internet but know that our thoughts are with you.  Have you been doing anything to comfort yourself lately?  Hobbies? Reading?  How is your quit going?

Keep posting, we are listening.

Members, how do you comfort yourself when you are going through a really hard time?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance:   I'm so sorry you're currently going through this.    I know it's a difficult place to be because I go there many times myself.    Do you have any close friends or a member of your immediate family that you can just call and talk to?  I know that sometimes it's such an effort to just pick up the phone and dial, and if that person is not available, it's such a huge disappointment, but you need to reach out to someone.    I'm so glad that you're finding it in you to be able to post here.   This is a good place to go if you can't connect with someone in your immediate circle.   Please continue to write.   It's probably good for you to get all of the pain and lonliness out and someone here will always care and get back to you.  
Please hang in there.

Rebbie 

Reading this thread: