Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Bad Days

14 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

It was very brave of you to say the things you said on your video. I did enjoy watching/listening. You seem to be very warm and kind at heart. I understand what you are going through. I too am going through bi-polar disorder. Most days, I find its such a struggle to control my impulses. I get mad at the drop of a hat. I feel a "switch" in my brain and My mood changes completely. I don't seem to have much control over it, if any. Its been very frustrating for me, as I imagine it has been for you. Your video was very inspiring and I felt you were also talking about my situation when you talked about yours. It was so scarily similar that I wanted to cry. You have kind eyes and a gentle voice. I am so happy you are starting to do well again. Just hang in there. This is a fight for your life and you cannot let your disorder win. FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!

Hang in there,

Fallabe12
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Uploading videos of your own would be amazing so please feel free!  Let us know if you do.  I would be excited to see all of you!

Ashley, Health Educator

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, thanks so much for sharing your video.  It not only shared your story but offered hope and some resources/activities for other people in recovery with bipolar disorder.  It was very good!  You were very articulate and sounded very professional.  I also think you adequately described the impact that bipolar can have on a person. 
A job well done!

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hay Lance,

Great video!   Very intelligent and informative.  I also want to commend you on all the work and effort you are putting into getting well.

Good Job,

Sid
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lance,

I won't repeat what Ashley said but I do want to state I totally agree with her!

I watched your video it is very genuine and interesting! Thank you very much for sharing!

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

I do not think you seem like a dork in the support group at all!  You were very honest, articulate and inspirational as well!  I think you did a great job! I like how you filmed it in your car, creative!   Thank you so much for sharing!

I know you are still hurting about your son.  One day he will understand how hard this is for you and how hard you have worked.  He loves you still Lance, even though he can't admit it right now.  Continue to remind him you are there for him whenever he is ready.  Stay strong.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Okay, I uploaded the video. I went downtown today, met with a friend did a meeting and worked out.

Most of the day during all this, I thought about my Son, Josh and what he said. It is so hard to live with myself right now, it was hard before, but he really let me have it. I love him so much, I never meant to dissapoint him.

14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lance,

I don't know that I have anything terribly helpful to say at the moment. Like all the others I think it is great you will go back to the Y. I also think it is great you are going to sponsor meetings and AA. It can be so helpful.

I just basically wanted to say you are in my thoughts. And like goofy, I would love to know where and how to see your video. It sounds very interesting.

Hang in there!

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, you don't look like a dork to me.  Also all the computer talk - sounds nice, but did you get it uploaded.  I dont' talk computer.  lol  Sounds like you have a great regimen at the Y.  Keep that up for sure!
Those noon meetings and a sponsor might offer a good friend and lead to other good friends.
lol, if you could just say "the video is here or there" and you get to it by 1/ 2. 3. etc. That would be helpful.  I'm getting better at this computer stuff just not quite savvy.

14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I managed to submit the video for the contest. I totally forgot I had Blackberry desktop manager installed and could transfer it with a USB cable. I am just not as sharp as I used to be. I used to figure anything out right now. I dont get it. Anyway I uploaded it to youtube also, so I will be able to add it here. This computer is p piece of %#@?. My SUPER computer is with my SUPER kids. My OS, like my life is crashing a lot on me. I can picture Ashley watching the video, thinking what a dork! LOL

Reading this thread: