Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

in trouble

16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi confused. [b]thank you!!![/b] i chose april 12th due to the "good" numbers. april= 04= 2x2 12=2x2x3 or 1+2=3!!! it's a thing.
16 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You said that you wanted to sleep until April 12th and have a bowl of fruit for breakfast, lol. Otherwise, I don't know what April 12th is, except past the March storms... I'm in Toronto -- not the snow you have, but definitely the bleakness. My aunt in Victoria is particularly annoying this time of year -- I make sure to call her mid-summer to let her know how much sun we're getting :)
the daffodils are under a meter of snow in montreal... and freezing rain is on the way this afternoon! 74 days is a long way off! by the way what is april 12? oh yeah my post easter is march 23...
Hi wildcat I'm with you -- winter is a huge downer, and this depression has been carrying on for sooooo long! Supposedly I'm finally on a good cocktail of meds for a few months now, but I'm back to crying most days -- I'm really frustrated with changing medications and paying for medications that don't seem to help for very long. I don't know why it's so hard. I've accepted, for the most part, that I have depression for a reason and that there is something I must learn from it but I've been struggling with coping and learning, learning and coping for several years and, obviously, I still haven't figured it out. Some sort of clue would be helpful! But April 12th isn't all that long a time away, wildcat -- the daffodils are already up in Victoria. :)
hi gang, I managed to finish the biggest part of the work project I had over weekend before the mood crash sunday afternoon. Now I am back to sleepy, unmotivated, and bored, and and eh groggy. I need to see the doctor and discuss mood stablizers, but this morning it was easier to floow the river-of-life's current and go to work. Maybe I was wrong, I want to sleep. But the dr is back on wednesday, so till then we'll see. why is every step of this so hard? Why is this a constant struggle ? why is always a new situation that I have to learn to controle? all I want is to lie down and sleep, and if I happen to awaken on april 12th set out a bowl of fruit for my breakfast. I hate winter. I am bored with work. I stress for every bit more that I have to deal with (like needing test for Tiamat to determin if she has touretts syndrome).
i would happily share ... but this is why it is bipolar; one part high one part low and no normal. I would happily shre some of the energy that feels like a colony of gerbils that have escaped in my head. I would like to be able to have some contro over it... but all it is like is a rocket up the colon that has 500 lbs of dynamite. the sky or hell is the limit. at least when i slide down to the bottom, there is no where left to go to get hurt. thanks confused for being here today, i appreciate the company.
Hi wildcat I have to say, there's a part of me that wishes for your highs, but I know that this is because I've never experienced them. Would that I had even half the energy or enthusiasm to want to tackle Kilimanjaro. Since all that sh*^ with my ex and my girls over the holidays, I can't seem to shake the heavy blackness. I'm trying to push myself to at least function, but I had calls yesterday and today from hydro and gas to remind me that I haven't paid my bills. Why do I do this? The money is there (n the line of credit, at least). I pay bills online -- I can write here, so why can't I just pay my bills? I have booked myself on a course for my work this weekend, which I've really been looking forward to, but it started this afternoon and I sat there checking my watch every 5 minutes for when it would be time to leave and go back to bed. I'm in a very deep low and I need help and I feel so alone. My littlest one was only 2 when we were going through our lice issues, and she hated having her hair brushed. She hated anything being done to her, actually... brushing teeth, getting dressed, seatbelts... I had to choose my battles, so hair was classified as a non-crucial issue. Except for when the lice came. My sister was visiting at the time, so she helped -- we had my little one in the bathtub with me combing her hair and my sister popping a Smartie in her mouth whenever she opened it to scream. My little darling :) Counting my blessings, and I will get through this low. You know, this is why I resisted my doctor's prognosis of depression -- I don't feel sad, just apathetic, lethargic, and so heavy that I could just dissolve into the ground.
why is it so hard :(
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat, We are very glad you caught realized these overgeneralizations and challenged your negative thoughts. Way to go! Keeping a diary is a great plan. It will help you track your moods, learn more about your ups and downs and keep you in line for living a healthy life. Keep up this great progress. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
hi confused. Hey you are the second to confirm the conditioner theory. We use Resultz, which is an oily pharmaceutical product with out a pesticide that works on the live lice and my husband does the combing in the bath... to do the hair-do thing (they look like a dr seuss model and love it). You know I have always been bipolar and did not know it. So now I catch myself just as I start to slip towards depression ... but I see why I need to chart my moods and functionality ... to catch when I am about to "take-off". I was soo angry and jealous and hurt - because of a whole bunch of stories I created in my head. It was a good thing that my boss drove me home, i wasn't making good decisions in the afternoon! what set me off... well I have stopped the seroquel so I have strange nightmares twice a week. And my sleep pattern is off! I am decreasing my effexor gradually and this week it is one normal dose 150 and two lesser doses 112.5 so this provokes a destability. Things have been going well and I guess I have been hypomanic for a week now - Very productive and Jovial!!! so I was not watching for the up-swing towards dangerous, irritable, and shortfused. When I am depressed I SSSSSllleeeeeep. I slow down and get confused ??? what is coffee for ???. But an up-swing is just as bad. I suddenly think "oh wow I am normal". I have energy... I can haul all 265 lbs of me to the top of Mt-Kilimanjaro Saturday afternoon and make that great pot roast for supper!!! It gets bad when I start to think I can remove all 1.5 meters of snow from the yard and start the tomatoes in the garden :8o: and teach my 5 yr old to read war and peace in english on Sunday(when she is just learning her proper french).

Reading this thread: