Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Withdrawing Seroquel - Another important milestone

9 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Almost 2 months without Seroquel or any other medication except when I feel extremely anxious and I take valerian root witch works very well with me. The sleep is already aceptable or better. But I have to say that my consistent yoga practice (5-6 days a week) has an important role, because I feel it has also an antidepressive effect. And of course CBT is really good for helping maintaining the gains and dealing with the worse moments.
One more week without Seroquel. Not the perfect sleep but it is ok, and still improving.
This almost remembers me when I quit smoking..., counting the days  

Thank you Linda. Yoga is already a part of my lifestyle and contribute significantly for lowering the symptoms of depression and anxiety. If wasn't for yoga I would have to be with antidepressants. I practice yoga 5/6 days a week and the method I practice there a lot of postures that increase the blood flow to the brain. Mindfulness meditation is also wonderful, what it is important is to find something that it is good for us and that we enjoy if possible.
9 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you!  I continue to dabble with Effexor when I feel my mood plummeting however the anxiety I experienced as a side effect was enough for me to explore other options.  I struggle with the worksheets but I do realize that our thoughts are to blame a lot of the times for our depressed moods.  I found a video on YouTube ....yoga for depression!  I tried it yesterday....there was a lot of breathing exercises and also positions like downward dog that increased blood flow to the brain....an interesting premise.  The sun is shining today and I can feel my energy level soar...again we just have to accept that "some days are diamonds and some days are stone!"  Practicing mindfulness is also key and is easier some days more than others.....it helps block out negative thoughts....today I am spring cleaning & it is working wonderfully.  I wish you continued success.
It has been 2 weeks without Seroquel at all! Even with some minor difficulties I am handling it.
One day at a time...
10 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now I am only with seroquel 50mg at night to help with sleep. It would be nice to stop it completely but it has not been easy, and I do not know when it will be possible. In 2 weeks I have an appointment with my pdoc to check how I am going.
A good lifestyle and CBT are important but medication is fundamental sometimes and when symptoms start escalating.
I just added Trileptal to the combo to help with depression and anxiety. I am not having antidepressants right now because of significant libido loss and my pdoc gave me this alternative. It would be nice to live without meds but they really help my life being more manageable, the same applies to CBT.
I already tried for a few days sleeping without seroquel but it is almost impossible. It seems my mind isn't able to rest because of my obsessions. At least I am aware of this and until my obsessiveness doesn't improve I should not be worried about quitting seroquel at all.
The first 2 weeks with the new reduced dosage, Seroquel XR 50 mg, were not really simple with some headaches and other side effects but now things are stable again, the side effects went away. Since there isn't any lower dosage than 50 mg, the next step is to stop Seroquel altogether but only in January or February, this is really a strong stuff.

Reading this thread: