Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Looking for someone to talk to

16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Perth, Thanks for the support! Sometimes members get what they need and move on from the site. It would be great to see how the program helped them and for them to share their experiences :) Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, so that we may be able to assist you through the program :) Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
... I am just wondering, where are now looknforward05 and iwanttolive71 ?? does anyone know how they are doing? How was the CBT and all the things they tried? It is now around 2 years that they wrote these lines... would be happy to hear anything of them.. thanks, Perth
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi NullPointer, You are soo funny :-) can not explain why, sorry :-) but everytime I read your inputs I have to smile :-) Hope, you are doing well and keeping continuing with homework & co. ? best Perth
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NullPointer, If you love to talk, don't forget to check our CBT instant messenger! Danielle ___________________ The DC Support Team
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like to talk, so I don't mind a discussion about anything. I just love it when someone actually has something to say to me. A lot of folks here seem to have a lot to give even though they are having a lot of problems. I want to be like that too.
17 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, Lots of members that we have not heard from in a while in this thread. If you are still around, please be sure to join us and let us know how you are doing. Casey _____________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tell us a little bit about yourself!
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey mate, everyone feel free to talk to me, i'll listen and give my opinion if you need to discuss something!
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You asked for suggestions to start recovery. As they say, admitting you have a problem is the first step. Sounds like you have taken other good steps too such as seeing a therapist and starting medication. And posting on here for advice and support. Don't give up on anything too soon. Unfortunately it probably won't go away overnight. Medications take a few weeks to work. It is frustrating to go through weeks with no change, then have to try something else and have to wait several more weeks to see if that will do any good. I have even been on medications that have made me feel worse. I don't know that very many people get the right thing on the first try. Don't give up just because one or two medications don't work for you. You say you are not sure what you are looking for in therapy. Don't give up on that either! It will take some time to become comfortable with the therapist and find those things that you need to talk about. Kendy made a good point saying a therapist leads you into figuring out some things for yourself. But it will take time. There will be days that you wonder if the things you are doing are worthwhile, but don't give up on them!
18 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think for me therapy is a safe place where I can say exactly what I'm feeling without worrying about what someone thinks of me. A good therapist is kinda like a guide. He or she leads you into figuring out some things for yourself. I know my doctor has had stuff figured out about me long before I'm ready to accept them yet he has helped me come to terms with stuff myself as I'm ready. kendy

Reading this thread: