Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,618 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE

Myth or Fact

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs, 

Sorry to hear you're having challenges receiving your medical reports.  Have they explained why they have not shared these with you?  You are correct in that you are entitled to this information, however be prepared that they may charge a fee for you to receive a physical copy of the report.  
Is there a patient advocate you can contact that can help you access this information? 
How does this kind of stress affect you physically?  What symptoms do you notice surface or increase in intensity? And more importantly, what have you done this week to manage the stress?
Here for you,
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As I'm planning my week, there "real" stresses which occur, to add to the ones which I worry excessively about.

One is that I was refused a copy of a medical report for the second time in 3 weeks.  This is unlawful where I live, and just antagonizes me since I just spoke to the manager who assured me of  their professionalism.

Also, a fax didn't make it to the doc, and it was the second time it wasn't received.  Not only was this awkward, but it makes both parties defensive.  What irritates me is that medical offices don't like patients to assert themselves, but the same people who make mistakes, and make a lot money, have no accountability.

Accepting that machines and people don't work perfectly is something I need to understand, and circumvent in the future. 

I'm not consistent myself, since I postponed an appointment for myself, since my data didn't make it.  What was inconsistent was I didn't check for mom, but it was a minor issue.

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are a lot things which become cumulative, and then the sum of those little things are overwhelming.

For example, I can't adapt to an old humidifier, which is too noisy.  I can't understand how I got by last year, without one, since I didn't use one for most of winter, and my bedroom is dry.  Mom's old one is just too noisy, and doesn't really put out enough.

Without restorative sleep, I think things are magnified.  I'm not satisfied with my new exercise class either.  The instructor keeps promoting herself, or I'm just irritable.

While I've tried to do stuff, the neighbours have embarked on projects, which are exterior and made me uncomfortable, and it's been noisy for a second month of uncertainty.
10 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Myth- Only major symptoms of stress should require attention.

Fact- This myth assumes that the "minor" symptoms, such as headaches or stomach acid, may be safely ignored. Minor symptoms of stress are the early warnings that things may be getting out of hand and that you need to do a better job of managing stress. So take all symptoms of stress seriously.

This information came from Dr Deb Serani. 

Samantha, Health Educator 

Reading this thread: