Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Shifting your focus

11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi V,

Thanks for your support..
I think I'll give You and Sunny's" Gratitude Jar" a try this year too..

Happy New Years All !!

Red...

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny

I'm inspired by your plan to live each day fully.  I heard of a project that I think would complement your goals, one that I will try to include next year as well.  All you need is a some kind of jar or tin, paper and pen.  It will be your 'Jar of gratitude'.  Whenever you feel grateful for something in your day, write it down and place it in the jar.  Then at the end of the year, open the jar and read through all the many things you were grateful for. 

Red,  

Congrats on getting a head start with your healthy lifestyle choices!  The more you stick to it, the easier it will become daily routines and habits in your day.  I bet you feel increased energy as well!
Keep up the great work!!

Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks V..Just what I needed today..

Making plans for the New year sounds like a great idea..Positive thoughts and plans for the New year will be good medicine for my body and soul today...

Something positive to focus on is always the best choice when getting ready for the New year..

Hey!!! Maybe I'll complete a few little sewing projects this year and start some new ones too. Maybe I'll lose a few pounds this year too and stick to my new Healthy Heart diet, low salt, low fat, no refined foods, no white flour, no white sugar, white rice or white potatoes for me this coming year..It's fruits, veges, legumes, whole grains, and lean proteins all the way this coming year. I already have a 2 week head start on it and have lost 4 lbs..I thought it would be to hard to eat this way but it turns out I really like it. Who would of thought!!..and my exercise is getting easier to do every day too..Of course I did cheat on Christmas eve and Xmas day..I didn't want to get crazy with the new diet and go over board with the "All or nothing thinking" this time. It has taken time but I am slowly learning to go easy with all things. It's so much easier on the system this way...

Red...

11 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi V:  Unlike some previous years, this year I am going to live one day at a time.  I'm going to try and live each day fully.  Not meaning the day will be packed with things to do, I mean the day will be lived with a positive attitude.  I will try and remember to appreciate everything, big or small.  Not only say these words to myself, but feel them too.   Scheduling some meditation time into my day will be helpful in achieving this goal.  

Sunny
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have you started focusing on the New Year?  Instead of spending all of your time in the mall shopping this Boxing Day, why not take some time out to enjoy with your family and friends and create a plan to make the coming year a success?

Members, feel free to share some of your plans with us!  

Reading this thread: