Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Common phobias

12 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My fear is fear of illness particularly serious mental illness.  I worry that my anxiety is something more serious as today I am feeling a little out of it.  I have just come back from work and I feel that part of my brain is missing still.  I have been training someone this afternoon and I feel quite tired.  Does anyone else sometimes feel like part of their brain is missing (Mine is my left side). Hope you are getting on OK Debora by the way.

Best wishes

Matilda x

12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy do I understand this one.

I am afraid of Doctors and medical procedures and dentists. Being alone all night, illness and dying, and going out in sunlight.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fear of social interactions:
I find a lot of reasons to be alone.  Some of it's related to my core feelings of being unworthy, unlovable  and incompetent,  all re-enforced at my last job in a negative environment.

Now I don't have the luxury of a phobia since I don't even have the time to socialize, and it makes my life more miserable.  I suppose I'm angry at the situation.

I try to start a thread daily, and that's giving me some experience in initiating, since it simulates fear of rejection in social interaction.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Many individuals experience panic or anxiety around different triggers. Below is a top ten list of the most common phobias today:

1-    Fear of open space
2-    Fear of spiders
3-    Fear of heights
4-    Fear of enclosed spaces
5-    Fear of flying
6-    Fear of the dentist
7-    Fear of social interactions
8-    Fear of germs
9-    Fear of storms
10-  Fear of injections

Please share with us which phobias you are currently struggling with. How does it affect your day-to-day and what steps have you or would you like to take towards combating this phobia?

Reading this thread: