Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Tip of the Day

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eleveno

Hind site is 20/20. I realize after retiring that I could have changed all the stress in my work place just by changing my routine. I was stuck in how I perceived the job. I thought it was giving me stress instead of me doing it to myself. Unless you have someone standing over you screaming at you, you should be able to change how you see your suroundings and your work.
Unfortunately two things get in the way of this. Being bored or being behind. Hard not to fall into one or the other if you work for someone else.

Davit.

Ps. Ativan did not help, it only postponed the inevitable.
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs.

You sound like you are describing "core thoughts" those spin offs from core beliefs.

Do what my "Mac" does. Write over them when you delete them. Only write something positive rather than giberish as it does.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was referring to software engineers, IT professionals...
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stunning pics from Eleveno & Sunny!!!  Thank you

I was forced to appreciate the simplicity of an empty kitchen, for a renovation recently, breaking a "routine" or process in one part of the home, next to a small room being converted.  I wish I could apply the energy I found to the rest of the home.  It is as though I am living in two worlds, every day, as I empty the kitchen for the renovators to clean the next little room, which is slightly bigger than a closet, and rebuild it. 

What I wish I could get rid of was this circular negtive "routines", in my head, like computer "glitches"...but this small pressure of another week has been squeezing out some of that from too.  

I wonder if the software members know how to repair software, and how that applies to our negative "routines",  or as they call them in programming "subroutines"
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

The main reason why I had my nervous breakdown last year was because I was on the same position for 7 years. I felt trapped on my job with depression and anxiety. I understand now that I need to appreciate the little things and I could change the routine everyday with something simple.

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi V:  Yes.  Even changing pictures hanging on your wall is a great way to change the routine.  I know someone who has lots of paintings and prints.  She changes them around whenever she feels bored or needs a lift.  When you are feeling stressed out, this is a great distraction too, just move some things around, find different uses for furniture, etc.  If you're energetic enough a new colour of paint on the walls can be lifting too. 
I find studying something new takes me out of boredom.  I may or may not use the new information/skills learned, but always fun to learn new things.

Sunny

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Change your routine.  You may find the house to be a welcoming, safe haven, or your routine tasks to be comforting and easy. Your comfort zone, however, is also the place where your anxiety or depression lingers, and you must try to escape it. Rising out of your comfort zone simply means that you should do things that you had never done before, such as engaging in different conversations, physical activities, watching movies alone, or even eating in a restaurant you have never been to. 

Reading this thread: