Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Preventable Threats

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Helena

Yes I do think about my overall health and my overall well being.

I am not sure how capable I am in preventing disease.  I try to do the best I can.  I could probably do a lot better though.

Red
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

The article “Men’s health: Preventing your top 10 threats” (2009), by the Mayo staff clinic, reports that threats to men’s health are mostly preventable. Number one of the list is heart disease, and the list of suggestions includes not smoking, physical activity, maintaining a healthy weight and drinking in moderation. Number two is lung cancer, and of course, not smoking and using tobacco products, along with avoiding second smoke is recommended. In the other preventable threats, not smoking and exercising is a repeated suggestion.

Members, you’re all improving your life in some way, shape or form. Through your journey, have you considered your overall health? Is your overall well being important to you or are you content with focusing on the problem you are currently tackling.

Furthermore, how capable do you feel in preventing disease?

Helena, Health Educator

Reading this thread: