Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anerol

You don't have to be physically abused, mental abuse is just as bad or worse because it may happen a lot more often than physical in a given period of time. I was mentally abused and it wasn't even intentional but removing the source made a major improvement.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PS. I sometimes wonder if I have PTSD, I've never been physically abused but I have a lot of recurring nightmares about my ex and I catch myself thinking about it unconsciously. 

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red and Davit,
wishing well for the both of you. 

anerol

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red.

Good morning. I hope you are still reading this. This is a bit hard because of this medication but I want you to know this cycling up and down is normal. The higher the climb the bigger the fall but it doesn't matter because you can handle it. Please spend some time thinking about what happened. I agree that you need a rest from this. You did say "right now" so it gives me hope that you are not giving up just taking a break. If you are going to hibernate for a while could we have someone word posts just to know you are OK. Please Red come back to us when you can. Again what happened is normal and you will work through it I know.

Your friend always.
Davit.
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red:  Take good care, hoping things settle down for you a bit and you feel less anxious PTSD.  We care
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

I was very surprised to read this from you this morning.  The last few months you have accomplished so much! You should be so proud of yourself.  What makes you feel hibernation is the best option?   You have to do what you feel is right for you but I really think continuing to push forward and staying in contact with people who care is always the best option.

What can we do to assist you with this?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have gone as for as I can with this right now and have come to a dead end.  I need to take a break from this and will be going into hibernation for a while.

Red
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time with the new medication.  I want to thank you for responding to my post.  I know that had to be very very difficult for you being the new med is making it hard for you think straight. You need to think about you now, and put yourself first. I do not expect you to be able to post right now. Please be you will be careful with this new medication and when you are up to it let us know how you are doing. If you are not feeling good and just want someone to talk too, post and I will answer if I am on line.  You said you were feeling lost, but remember Davit you are not alone.

Semper Fi,

Red
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Sorry I missed responding to you before Davit.

I know we have seen so much progress from you lately.  What do you think triggered to come back or at least more present of a concern?

There is hope for you to lead a normal life.  How far are you along in the program?  Have you ever discussed any of your concerns with a counselor?

I am also interested in what other members have to say about PTSD.  Members, please share your experiences.

We are always here listening Red.  Stay strong!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Davit:  take it real easy and pamper yourself for awhile.  We'll be waiting for you when you feel good again.  Good luck with your exposure work coming up.  I'm praying for you every day.

Reading this thread: