Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Rough Time

14 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the advice Sunny and Samantha.  I don't have any legal rights so I won't be able to see them.  I do substitute teach at their school several times so I might be able to see them between classes or something.  It is very hard...something I would never wish on anyone.  I need to make an appt. with my Dr. to get back on depression/anxiety meds.  I was prescribed Buspar but never tried it.  I was on Effexor for a couple years and it worked awesome.  I got off of it because I didn't think I needed it anymore.  I did good for awhile then went back downhill again.  Now my insurance won't cover it but my Mom said she would help me out to pay for it until I am able to.  I also am looking into the adoption process again, which I had already started before I met my ex and got with him.  He had full custody of his 4 kids, so I no longer pursued adoption.  I am still eligible being single and not married to adopt which I think is awesome!

Lisa
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time being away from your ex's children. It must be difficult to be apart from them after taking care of them for so long. You've made some decisions to better yourself that caused you to be away from these children and you must really miss them. Remember that the kids miss you too and are happy when they run into you. Cherish the moments you've had together. Work through the sessions, post here often, phone a friend and do what you need to get through this rough time.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa:  As a mother myself, I can read the pain you are feeling with the separation from the children.  I am so sorry you are going through this rough time.  As your ex-partner is still angry and controlling as you say, is it possible to have a mediator decide re: the children?  Would it be possible to have visits with a mediator present?  It's not the best solution, but at least you would get to see and be with the children.  Maybe you could consult a lawyer to see what your rights are in this case and proceed from there.  The children probably miss you too and perhaps their say in this matter would carry some weight in the decision process.  Best of luck to you and pls. keep posting, we care
14 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am having an extremely hard time.  I am trying to figure out how I am supposed to move forward without my Ex's children in my life.  I raised all 4 of them Full-time for almost 2 years and I am having a hard time trying to let go of them.  He will not allow any contact because I am the one that moved out.  He was very controlling and apparently won't change.  It is killing me not to see or talk to them...they are a part of me.  My two kids are in Heaven and it feels like I am losing my children all over again.  The kids want to see me as well which makes it hard.  When I run into the kids they always run up and hug me and ask if they can come stay with me.  It is so hard.  I just don't know what to do.  Please help me!

Lisa

Reading this thread: