Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Goals

10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you are puttign a lot of thought in your goals which is great!

Yes, goals can certainly change. Make your goals work for you - this can mean changing them or breaking them down into smaller chunks.

Keep us updated on how you do!

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
P.S.  Not that anyone would know, but me and the Chinese, but I meant to say,  thank you in Chinese is pronounced, "shoo ih shoo ih"  I wrote, "goo ih goo ih" by mistake.  I guess I was thinking of the massage guy's name at that same time and blended the two together.  

Shari
10 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,

I can't find the thread on where I was choosing three goals and breaking them down into specifics.  One was socializing once a week.  From what I remember, you had said goals can change, and mine have.  They've come about naturally, so I'll list them and I am faithfully doing them.  First, I need to get my iron levels back to their normal state.  I am doing that by taking my prescription ferrous sulfate (iron) pill daily, along with my multivitamin.  I am also eating iron rich foods as well.  The American Red Cross has a list.  Second, for my back and muscle health, I am going for a weekly massage which really helps me feel better.  Right now, I've found that, trying to diet and exercise while trying to recover from anemia is too difficult.  My energy level is low, I feel weak, and my muscles are sore, all of which are anemia related.  So, taking supplements and eating iron rich foods and getting a massage (having someone else working my muscles, instead of me doing it via exercise) are two goals that I can achieve now.  When my iron levels are normal, I can re access my goals.  Third, I am learning how to speak and write Chinese symbols.  All of the people I come in contact with are Chinese.  Guo (and co workers) at the massage therapy place and Cindy (and co workers) at Japan Express all speak Chinese.  So, I bought 5 books on how to speak and write Chinese symbols.  I got the books that had the phonetic spelling, so I could pronounce them correctly.  And, being an Artist, the symbols are beautiful and artistic and right up my alley.  I plan on making Christmas cards for my Chinese friends.  Learning a new language and symbolic writing goes along well with my anemia recovery.  It's restful to read and write and it isn't physically demanding.  I also knitted a little Panda for Guo and asked the lady how to say, "thank you", in Chinese and she pronounced it goo ih goo ih.  And, when I said it, everyone smiled and applauded and Guo (Goo - oh) shook my hand. Cindy at Japan Express is teaching me the correct pronunciation of the words I am learning and everyone got a kick out of me trying to speak Chinese there too.  It's fun to learn something new.  So, I have my goals.  They are achievable.  And, I am proud of myself for doing the best I can do in my temporary situation.  It's fun to learn something while I'm recovering and getting my health and strength back.  Has anyone tried anything new or interesting lately?  Have you tried something outside of your comfort zone, or are you thinking about it?  What are other member's goals?  

Shari

Reading this thread: