Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Baby Steps

12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

That's great Eles!

When I asked you how can you hold on to this feeling I realize it might be hard to answer but since this is such a a big moment it would be great if you had a concrete way to physically hold on to these thoughts. Some people use a token, image or song to empower them when things get tough.  Is there a little token you can hold on to or an image you can pull up that will remind you of this moment and give you strength in times of need?  Do you think this might be helpful for you?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Having this feeling has definitely made me feel that although I can't avoid having panic attacks, I know have the tools and the confidence to work through future attacks. I feel great for the first time in a long time!
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eles7!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby step?! No way, this is a giant leap!  Congratulations.

So proud of you. It is certainly not easy to fight through a Panic Attack but you did it and won! Please take a moment to be present to your strength, courage and intellect.  I have a big smile on my face witnessing this; I hope you do too.

How does it feel knowing you can take control of this?

How can you hold on to this feeling?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic!!  Personally, I think it's bigger than a baby step.  It's great progress in a great new direction.  Way to go and best wishes for continued success!!
12 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am very happy because this morning on the train I had a panic attack, but worked through it because of all the help from the panic center. My usual routine would be to either think about getting off the train or thinking negative thoughts such as, "this is the worst panic attack ever or "people will notice I am having a panic attack and think I'm weird." However I kept my thoughts positive and worked my way through the panic. As a result, my panic attack was less than a minute and I made the duration of the train ride without having another one. It is a baby step, however it felt good!

Reading this thread: