Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

first day at the gym

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI gang,

I biked up to the gym this morning.  It was the first time i've been to that area by myself without hubby.  It was a bit of a hill, so pushed bike up, got up it, out of breath.  Anyway i had to cross a busy street, so did it at the lights.  Then  I sat outside the gym as I was early, and had some snacks.
I had my assesment at 10:00 and the whole night I was worried about going alone and such.
Anyway, I went in and put my stuff in a locker, and had the assesment, yes I need some work, i'm overweight, but not going to panic about that, I knew that.  Then I started making my own workout program.  Afterwards I went to the subway food place and got a sandwich, had to wait in a line, and I felt fine.  I biked home, and I felt great.  Was very excited about the day and going out to that area alone. Its not a bad area or anything, but now i've accomplished the library alone, and the gym.
So wanted to share all this with you.

Reading this thread: