Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

false accusations

16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I totally agree with Miki . Im not that brill with words but you should be proud .
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing a tough time for you, but thanks also for showing your strengths and strategies. It's really admirable and encouraging.
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
johnnyO, Sounds like your doing the right thing by keeping yourself distracted and by doing relaxation exercises. Do your best to stay calm and take things one day at a time. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had a shocking experience this weekend. I have been hosting a teleconference for people with Social Anxiety. After the meeting this week, the leader of the organization contacts me and begins accusing me of publicly criticising him and using the teleconference as a forum to bash him. I have been nothing but compliant and accomodating of this leader and was severely shaken by this turn of events. I was suffering severe tension headaches all the next day, significant mental trauma from immediately after the event for days afterwards. I did manage to utilize the technique of muscle stretching as one coping method. I spent significant time and effort to stretch, starting with my neck, onto the shoulders then onto the larger muscles around the hips. This was not a casual stretching but hours of effort utilizing a strap to assist and really generate movement to stiff muscles. This helped immensely. I did manage to talk with a few people about it and could really tell just how shook up I was, but the simple act of talking about it did disipate the energy somewhat. I had just made the decision to dispose of a couple of the TV's in my house so the default distraction of gazing at the tube was less available adding to the severity and need to deal more directly with the aftereffects of this confrontation. I still found myself looking for means to distract from it, and then choosing positive outlets became the challenge. I have extricated myself from the situation though don't feel very good about it, but also have to accept that it was an unsafe environment given the paranoia and accusatory nature of the leader.

Reading this thread: