Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

stuck on peak for a few days

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations JohnnyO on your success! -Diva
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Johnny, Way to go! You recognized a trigger and coped well! Kudos! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was experiencing crippling anxiety earlier this week. I had to meet a client for the first time and was just dreading it. I could barely function, which is really bad when you are expected to account for every minute of your day as billable time to one client or another. I realized that it was a combination of factors that had led up to this straw breaking the camel's back, but I rode it out, getting plenty of rest (which could be interpreted as avoidance), being gentle to myself and accepting the symptoms. Trying to work down the thoughts that may have been worsening the condition. On the day of the meeting, I went to the fitness centre and went on the treadmill for a while to dissipate some of the nervous tension. It may have backfired a bit as I was still perspiring when I got to the appointment which fuels further perspiration. I wasn't far off with my premonition as the client was very demanding and exacting in their expected outcomes. I am just glad I didn't allow the peaking of anxiety to push me beyond continuing to show up for work and press through necessary tasks.

Reading this thread: