Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

self image vs as others see you

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya JohnnyO! I wanted to congratulate you on your successes! Wow applyoing to a new job is really scary I find. And congratulations on being asked for an interview :)And as Brenna said you can go to the interview and just see how it goes. The interview does not oblige you to anything :) Anyway, Take care and once again congratulations. -Diva
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JohnnyO, Congratulations on a couple of things: 1- taking the initiative to apply for a new job (it's not easy and requires some nerve!) 2- being considered for the job! There is no harm in going to an interview and it will also give you a chance to interview them and see what the job is all about. This will help you to make a better decision about your future. Why do you think that you want to play the cripple a little bit longer? You are doing very well and adjusting to a full work load and your work environment. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This story has aspects of success. Since I was on a gradual return to work after my disability leave, I am just slowly gaining a realistic workload. With excess time on my hands, I sent my resume to another organization just on a whim. To my shock and amazement, they are pursuing me and wanting me to come for an interview. The part of me that has just survived finally getting back to full time work after being sent home due to my anxiety and then plunging into depression in response, my self image and even how people around me at work view me is as a bit fragile. The job I applied for seems to be fairly high responsibility but it is possible I am really qualified as the labour market here has really tightened up and companies are facing the reality that huge numbers of employees are retiring. My concern aside from I don't give enough credence to my qualifications is that it has taken me a long time to build up a support system, the lack of which contributed to my earlier inability to maintain employment. I can kid myself that much of my support now is coming through the computer and it shouldn't matter where I live. The job would require me to move cities again. So anyway, a nice boost for the ego to be considered for this high level position but a tenuous self recognizing that maybe I need to play the cripple a little longer.

Reading this thread: