Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Pleasant Activites and such

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday was a very Good day and today is turning out even better..

The temps have come way down so I am feeling great. I started early at 7 a.m. today. Got my yards mowed with my self propelled lawn mower and with no problems at all..

Now it's off to the spent the rest of the day with my sewing machine. I am still working on quilting my quilt top that I cut and pieced together two years ago..Than later I will have a little lunch and a nice dinner..Than off to bed to catch some Zzzz's and re energize.

Life is really Good...

Especially when you make a conscience effort to replace your negative thoughts and ideas with Positive Ones..
Than after a while it seems to become more automatic..

Practice makes perfect..

Red...
  :)

Doing what I need to which is also what I Want to do today..
Positive thoughts in, Negative thoughts out..

It's going to be a Good Day!

Red..
  :)

10 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great way to share you pleasantness everyone!

Looks fabulous!

Josie, Health Educator
Hi Davit,

Just stopped by and read your post..Sounds like you are going to have a beautiful garden this year. I would love to see some pics of it as it progresses.

We have Roses as you know already. We just planted some peter pan lily of the Nile in the early spring this year to replace the ones some gardeners killed a couple of years back. Of course they were fired and Edd does all the major yard work now. I do miss doing it but it is just to hard for me now, for many reasons. Anyway don't want to end up in the hospital again if I can help it. So it's Easy Does it for me. I am finding other things to do to relax and taking it easier now. So thats why I am sewing, reading, cooking and such. I think I may just be starting to get the hang of this idea of letting myself relax a little now too.

Well I'm off to turn on the air conditioner and do a little sewing. I don't take the heat well either. It's 100 degrees in the shade outside and over 82 degrees in the house right now.

Ta Ta for now!

Red.

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I don't handle the heat very well and a couple of times already it has hit 100 in the green houses when it was only 60 outside. It is trying to rain with a bit of snow mixed in. Gardening here is a bit of challenge with a chance of frost up till the last week of this month. So I start plants inside then move them to the little greenhouse that I heat at night and finally outside. The pumpkins and squash go in boxes for the first week that I put them out to protect them from the wind and keep them warm at night. This morning I am transplanting them from 3" peat pots to 1 litre yoghurt containers. They will be in them till they go outside in three weeks. They will be quite large by then. I'm growing Bells of Ireland. It has green flowers.  I grow annuals to fill in around the perennials. I started petunias too late so will probably buy a flat of them again this year. 48 plants to a flat. I buy picabella. They are smaller but have more flowers and come in mixed colours. They are about 75 cents a plant. This summer I have to go rescue a bunch of perennials that are getting badly weeded in.
Electric tiller works great for this. I lift the plant, till the area, pick out the debris and put the plant back. It works good for putting plants among the lilac bushes. Hopefully Richard will have my trencher welded so I can plant potatoes next week.
Some times I have to keep the tops buried so they don't freeze. This year I hope to have a hiller built for the tractor so I don't have to do it with a hoe.

I have a sour cherry bush to move. It is just a whip and the deer  chewed on it. The mother tree got core rot and wasn't producing so I took it out. There is another whip if this one isn't good. My friend will be here in two weeks so I think I will leave thinning the raspberries to her unless all of a sudden I have some spare time. We need to move a few plants to make room for the black berries. More bulbs coming too. And blue berry bushes and grapes to grow in the green house.
Some times It feels like I have taken on too much work.

I really need to get the pump into the pond so I can water flower beds since we don't seem to be getting much rain. Not a big chore but I need to replace two fittings. Everything is plastic now.

I would love to see more pics. I'm sure we all would.

Davit
Thank you Davit for saying so..Glad you enjoyed the pic..
I just might take some more pics of the flowers in my garden this year.

By the way it was 100 degrees here yesterday so I pretty much stayed indoors most of the day. It's going to be hot again today too. They say it should start cooling off next week.

I finally started quilting my quilt last night so today I am going to stay inside with the a/c running and continue working on my quilt..

Wishing you a lovely day working in your garden..

Red.
Your Rose is lovely.  We had a very cold spell this winter with too much -35. My roses may be dead. Some other perennials may be dead too. If so I will divide and fill in the survivors. Some are doing very well.
My yellow rose which is a small rose native to this area is fine with no winter kill and the hansa seems impossible to kill.
As soon as I can get my pump in the pond everything will get a good watering. The line unfortunately is stored out of the way and is in one of the few areas that still has snow.
It is supposed to reach 20C / 70F today and tomorrow and rain the next day. All told it is a nice spring yet people are still complaining. I find people complain a lot.

Davit
My first spring rose from the roses I planted last year.

Red:)

Thanks Davit.

Red  :)

Red

I like your quilt.

After a while I found that have to and need to lose there negativity and mean something closer to want to. They just become words.

Life is good

Davit

Reading this thread: