Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

STill Sick Still Scared

12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been taking the antibotics for four days now every eight hours on the dot, I thought I would be feeling at least a little better now, I think the med is making me weak because I feel so tired and achy and the joint pain kind of started after I took the meds unless its part of the virus. I am doing the inhaler when needed and cough drops etc.....the wheezing is still there and I have no voice at all, whats really concerning me is the deep stabbing pain in my ear, when ever I swallow, even salivia, I get a sharp stabbing pain in my ear, the doctor said last week when I went it was a little red but he did not see an infection, and if I did get a secondary one shouldnt the antibotic clear it up? I think I got scared when I read that ear pain is a symptom of throat cancer, I mean who would even think that? The doctor told me to take all the antibotics which I will, he said if I do not feel better in about a week or ten days to come back, but its only been five, I hate to go and have him say "you have to finish the med before recovery" I dont want to run back and make him mad if he told me it would be at least a week or so. I guess my question is shouldnt I feel a little better? I did wash my ear out three times over the last few days with perxiode, which I only normally do once, I was thinking maybe I washed all the "good earwax" out, I am leaving it alone now and hoping for the best, should I try sweet oil? I heard warm sweet oil helps, did anyone ever try that? my vitals seem good, my oxygen level is 97-98 and my temp is 98.3 and blood pressure 133/76, I am so scared about the ear pain and wheezing.

My husbands meeting at work went alright, they are going to get back to him in a few days whether he can continue working, which is a good thing, we need the health insurance. I am praying I get better, the worse thing in the world I think for me is when I get physically sick, the emotional comes back terribly. If anyone ever got severe ear pain while swallowing please let me know and what they did for it, the pain is really bad I can barely sleep. Thanks for listening, I just want this to end so I can go on to recover and live again.

Reading this thread: