Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Journaling

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI C:  Great positive thinking, family time...sounds wonderful.  I am looking forward to my trip first two wks. of May to see my daughters and the grandchildren.  

Have fun,
Sunny

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Carmie,

Just loved reading your post this morning..So very positive and excited..I am so proud of you and I know you must be too. Don't worry to much about that camera now. Just concentrate on having lovely a vacation with your family. Thats what really matters. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back..

Red...
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, Sunny and Red.  Your words and ideas have really helped me to reach this point.  We are leaving in just a few hours.  Last night I woke up a couple of times but felt very peaceful and decided it a good idea to remember that peaceful feeling so that I can return to it when things get tense.  
We will be driving for the next few days.  It may sound crazy but I am actually looking forward to the drive.  It's three days of being together with my family! 
Take care - and thank you again!  I promise to post pictures (just looking for my camera - well, after I log off of this site!)
Carmie
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carmie:  Thinking of you and wishing you the best trip!  Anticipatory anxiety before the trip often goes away once you get started.  Sometimes it's just plain ol' excitement too, this kind of excitement everyone feels before a holiday.  Hoping you have a wonderful time and would love to hear how it went when you get back.

Have a great trip,
Sunny
Carmie-Just a quick note in return..Thank you carmie..Your vacation plans sound beautiful..Have a wonderful time..and take lot of pictures..

Red

Red - Just a super quick note to say that you are the greatest.  We are going from Maine to Florida, starting on Thursday.  It's a long trip but we visit with friends a bit along the way.  I am most nervous about some of the Northeastern highways but I have been every year - and this year, I have CBT and all of you to bring with me! 
Nice to know that you partner feels the same way as my husband.  We are lucky.  It is such a relief to know that he will support me - takes a lot of the anxiety away when I realize that I have a choice and a say (and some control - isn't that what it is so often about!)
Take care!  And thanks!
Good morning Hugs and Carmie..

Thank you both for the well wishes yesterday..It's slow going and I am still resting and taking my meds..I am not on total bed rest. I can get up and walk around but need to stay down most of the time so my body can heal..Anyway enough about me it's a bit depressing..

Carmie,  
In answer to your question about journaling..I have been using my blog as a journal but this method is really not very private so I am not sure I am really opening up as much as I would if it was a journal on my laptop. I may start writing there.

As for you vacation trip..Your husband sounds like a great guy. My partner is the same way..He had a trip planned to Catalina Island but I was afraid to go so he said we didn't have to go if I wasn't up to it..It was during their busy season and I didn't think I could take being around so many people. So he canceled the trip. That was 2 years ago. I wish I had gone then. I mean you only live once and never know when you will get sick or something worse..Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed with the people we love...

Where are you going for your vacation?  Think of all the fun you are going to have with your husband and kids? What are some of the fun things you will be doing once you get there?  What will it look like? Smell like? What kind of pictures will you take?  Think about all the positives and make a list of them all...I know the drive is hard I go through that too, I am a terrible passenger..Think about all the beautiful scenery you'll see on the way, and about how much fun you and your family are going to have once you get to your destination.. 

I don't want to be to pushy but I sure would like to see some of your pic's when you get back... :-))))

Red....
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,
Apologies for missing you're on bedrest.  I have this !@#$%^&* scatterbrain mind that can't focus.

It might have helped if I heated that casserole with meat I cooked

Thanks to Carmie, I looked more closely at your post for the reference, and hope you're feeling better.

With respect to the Ira Progroff journalling, I wonder why they haven't gone paperless, since it's less resource intensive? 

Good luck with that
Red, are you on bedrest right now?  I was on bedrest for 6 weeks once.  It was challenging! 

Also, are you journaling with the tool available to us here or do you prefer to write?  I can't make up my mind - leaning towards writing. 

We are heading on a 10-day vacation starting on Thursday.  Tonight, I was very nervous about it and my dear husband said that he would support me if I wanted to cancel the trip. I hope that I can find the strength within to do it.  Journaling will help loads, I think!
Hiya Carmie,
I am still looking for the pieces too..Enjoy the journaling..
Red :-)))

Good morning Hugs,
Thanks for sharing your experience with journaling..I looked up Ira Progoff online and found him and his system very interesting..They had a sample of a meditation reading on the site..which talked about muddy waters. It was really quite moving..They will be having a workshop in my area in October of this year..of course that is a long ways off..So once I get well enough to leave the house I am going to go to Barnes & Noble and see if they have some of his writing..I may even be able to get them on my kindle which would even be better..This would give me something therapeutic to read while I am on bed rest.  Thank again for sharing your experience with me...
Red :-))

Reading this thread: