Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Anyone Get Bad Headaches Daily

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora, thanks for the advice about resting.  I think my trouble may have been trying to do "normal" things like go to work and things like that.  I am quite exhausted and can barely hold my head up.  I have been resting a lot today.  All of my symptoms are gone except for this fatigue and sometimes a headache.  My game plan is to drink lots of fluids and rest.
I nearly had an attack about 30 minutes ago which prompted me to take out the laptop to log on to visit with all of you. 
My husband had taken the kids to an indoor amusement park and I couldn't seem to reach any friends by phone.  It was the closest I've come to an attack since October.  I wanted to search the forums because I think that Davit once spoke about antibiotics and anxiety.  I have been pretty anxious the last few days.  For now, I am only anxious to get well and to have my energy back.
Take care.
Carmie
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Did you take a fall Hugs? I just read about it on another post. I hope you are alright. That darned ice and snow! I hope you are not in pain and you are better now. I heard about teeth gnashing, I dont think I do that, believe it or not I use to bite my hand when I slept!!?? I have not done that in awhile but it worried me, I would bite the back of my hand during sleep, very strange!

You're wood burning stone sounds so cozy Sunny. It sounds like you're new home is a lot warmer, our house is not very well insulated I guess, my bedroom is always cold, nice in the summer but in the winter its bad, its seems to be damp and cold , I have not even walked the dogs the last few days and they are not happy, I have been under the weather, my mattress broke and I had stomach pain and frequent urination all last night, slept very badly, tried not too get scared, I am drinking a lot of water, I ate a salad that was in the fridge for three days but I do not think that caused it, it smelled good and it was not brown or discolored, honestly these symptoms sometimes, I am trying to live with the headaches, one day at a time I guess.

Let me know how you are feeling Carmie, I hope the medicine has kicked in and you are recovering, try some cool ice cream that will soothe you're throat and get lots of rest, dont you just hate these colds and stuff. You're daughter sounds like an angel! What a wonderful little girl you have you loves her Mom, sending healing angels too you!
Sunny, 
I live in Maine and I am one of the precious few here who have never seen in moose in the wild.  I think that they are beautiful animals and I would love to catch a glimpse of one someday.  We also see coyotes in the neighborhood from time to time.  I am glad that our cats stay indoors.

I am online this morning because I feel almost 100% again after my couple of days with the strep throat.  I couldn't seem to make it out the door - I felt panicked.  I logged on to try to calm down a bit so I can go to work.  Honestly, getting ready for work today has left me pretty fatigued.  I am anxious about the long walk from my car to my desk - isn't that funny. 

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs and Deb:  This house is very well insultated.  There is a woodstove in the kitchen area but I rarely use it.  It just gets too hot.  The only heaters on are the bedroom and bathroom.  no kidding!  I'm just so warm here.  I have lots of sweaters I used to wear in my older home and I find I'm not wearing them here because I am too warm.  Hard to believe.  The woodstove may be used for early morning, a couple of sticks and that's enough.  I do love using it and I love it when it crackles. (depends on the type of wood, I'm learning a lot here).  We've only had one or two wks. of very cold weather say -10 or 20.  The rest of the time has been just a bit below zero.  I find walking just fine with the milder temp.  If too cold I don't last as long out there. lol.

A bit off topic, but the other day on a walk saw a moose running along side us and I turned and went back lickety-split.  The animal was huge and coming toward us and both dog and I decided to turn around and go back.  

Have heard the coyotes yipping and howling too lately.  Seems to be over now though.  I thought it would be at night, but they do it during the day too.  Davit says it was mating season.  I only saw tracks for one going across the property and decided to go back right away as the dog was not on her lead.
Lots of adventures here for me. :-)

Sunny
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,
My uncle was a construction professional bricklayer, who stated that someone insulated his house so well he didn't wake up in the morning  That was so long ago, he probably was being supportive, as I couldn't get over dad's passing.  I knew he understood my grief at some level, and he wanted me to move on, as he did marrying a second time successfully.

Deb,
As for headaches, bruxism or teeth grinding is my problem.  If I could hook up a device to run on my gnashing, I could power up an average sized neighbourhood, but all I get is headaches and twice the visits to the dental hygienist as my teeth wear down
Hi Sunny and Carmie,

I hope you're husband is feeling better Carmie. I do understand the anxiety, when I get sick my mental and emotional state plummets so bad and the anxiety is terrible. I fear getting sick but I know its part of life. I dont have a space heater its electric but maybe the vents are clogged, thanks for telling me that happened too you too, it made me feel a little better {not that you had a headache of course} but that is fairly "normal" hopefully we wont need it tonight, its a little warmer, guess I forgot and I am not use too it, I like it when its balmy windy and coolish in the sixties, but hardly ever is, one extreme to another I guess. I am so sorry you have strep throat, the antibotics should clear it up in 2-3 days, I have had it too and its no fun but the good new is the medicine clears it up quickly! Please rest a lot and eat ice cream that will soothe the throat and numb it, you're kids sound so bright and precious, that is so good! they are angels too help you, I wish I had that, you have a little nurse~!

Hi Sunny, I hate too complain because I know you live in a very cold climate and you are probably very cold too, I come from Ohio and upstate New York so this is strange, maybe my blood thinned, I just wanted to hibernate under the covers. I understand when you used the word "lethargic" that is what I was going for, I slept way too much, it seems like that dry heat was like a "sleeping tonic" or something, I know that sounds strange, I feel weird today from it, kind of light headed, headachy and very tired, I do open the windows every day also, today I did not, but normally I do, I love fresh air, I just cannot understand I was raised in very cold weather, similar to what you experience, I miss Ohio, I do not like Florida anymore, I miss the change of seasons, my family and I feel the medical care down here is awful! at least for me it is, I am going to walk around the block now just too get some fresh air that will help I am sure, its was comforting too know you expeience that too, and I am not abnormal. I love you're picture, what a pretty nature picture, I like too look at it, thanks.
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi D:  Read your other post re: the cold and dry heating systems.  I open windows almost every day to let some air in - exchange the air a bit for a few minutes.  Too much dry heat gives me a headache and dry scratchy eyes and makes me feel lethargic.  Going for walks or fresh air every day helps too.  

Hope it warms up for you guys! 

Sunny
Hi Debora,

I'm glad to read that the headaches are getting a little better for you.  I have read about the cold temperatures in Florida.  I hope for your sake and for the sake of all those beautiful plants and animals you have down there, that things will warm up for you.

I remember when we got our new space heater for our bedroom (which happens to be the coldest room in the house), I got a headache after the first night sleeping in the room.  I think I was a bit dehydrated.  I remember feeling anxious the next morning and needing to ask for a ride to work.  It was one of those days where I had to stop fighting all of the anxious thoughts and to let them in, and then to question them.  That was how I was able to finally return to normal that day.

What have you been up to today? 

We've had a busy couple of days.  My husband was diagnosed with strep throat and my throat was hurting a teeny bit so I visited my doctor - and I have it - and then we took the kids - and our daughter has it, but not our son.  So we are all resting and taking antibiotics and my son is wearing a bandana across his face like a cowboy!  I have had little periods of anxiety from time to time.  My daughter is so helpful.  I always tell her she should become a therapist when she grows up.  She always tells me that she only wants to be my therapist.  I really think she has a gift. 

Thank you Vincenzia, I did get you're post on the other thread and it was helpful and encouraging, thank you very much.

The headaches seem a little better. We had a real bad cold front here, down south we do not get cold weather and it went in the low thirties last night and this morning!! and the wind chill made it worse, we had frost actually. I put the heat on and we never use it, is it possible to get a headache and strange feelings from dry heat if you are not use to it? Its electric not gas or a small heater so it surprised me, guess I am not use too the cold or the dry heat, I grew up in Northeastern Ohio I cannot believe what a wimp I have become towards the cold weather!
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb,

Please see my response in the thread called 'bad dreams'.  I think focusing on basics in your lifestyle can help reduce your headaches..  Hope you are feeling better this evening!

Vincenza, Health Educator

Reading this thread: