Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,615 Members

Please welcome our newest members: HMAZO, MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE, AJESSICA JOY

Love

13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit!

Did you make a sexual reference!

Is that a first on this site?  I don't think I've seen the "s" word, except to indicate gender...the very thought of anyone facing their sexuality surprises me!  But my washer had other plans....;)
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me it is more struggle than anything. Some times I have to skip out of the way, some times I have to stand and fight. Panic attacks are like virginity, you can never go back. (joke) Panic attacks also have to be experienced to be understood. Unfortunately the experience is never pleasant.

Here for you.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs:  Yea, I get ya.  Did you ever read "The Dance of Anger" by H.Goldhor Lerner.  She also wrote the Dance of Intimacy.  It was written in the 80's I think, but still relevant for today.  It helped me understand some patterns of behaviour.  And "I'm Dancing as Fast as I Can".  I don't know the author.  Hope your washer was a willing partner today. lol.

Your friend, Sunny
Sunny,
The "dance" doesn't have to be a slow one.  It can be an outmanoevering of the demon(s).  Gotta dance with unpredictable washer now...
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning everyone:  Personally, it's a fight for me.  I ain't lettin' it win, no way.  Neither am I goin' to dance with it, it's goin' to take a hike.  If I dance with it, it'll seem more like a friend whom I accept, and I don't want to accept it.  I acknowledge it and try to understand it, but I ain't bein' friendly with it.  lol      Just being silly today.

Your friend, Sunny
Guy,
If you need advice on fighting, maybe Wrestler can help?

Personally, I wonder if it's more of a dance...
13 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The link was removed, for good reason, due to the policy for using the forum. A person could put spam links here or links to viruses and such. I totally understand and agree.

The basic story was about a man who had a stroke at the age of 32, and the doctors didn't think it was a stroke and basically just said his body was shutting down and he was going to die. His wife fought for him and they finally realized he had a stroke that basically left him only with the ability to think and move his eyes. Doing that, he communicates through some sort of alphabet board. I don't totally understand.

It's now 21 years later and his wife is still taking care of him, his daughters helped for years and now have families of their own, and all the kids come to visit. He writes that in spite of all that he has gone through, life is still the best choice. He gets to see his grandkids, kids, and wife everyday. Occasionally they'll take an outing, but that requires a nurse and an ambulance.

That sort of will to live is inspiring to me. I hope it's inspiring to you too. With the depression, sometimes thoughts are just plain wrong, but to see how much life means to a man in this situation tells me that life is always better than the option.

I've never felt at risk, yet sometimes in the past I had those thoughts. Even in my darkest hours, I was very quick to throw out those thoughts as though I was dispelling demons! I'm a survivor, I'm built to live. I got a ticket for this ride and I'm going to ride it as long as I bloody well can!

You are built for survival and built to live too. These dark days do pass. Then the sun shines again. Some darkness may fall yet again, but the sun will come through. Those are the days you'll remember. Those are the days to live for.

Be well my friends and know that I'm thinking of all of you. I don't have this beat yet, but I'm not going to stop swinging either. You keep swinging too, and you'll win that fight.

Thanks Guy,

I found this touching. 

However, I couldn’t sleep after I felt pins & needles myself, which triggered worrying. My reason for pins and needles was because of my workstation setup. Also felt ansy following an inspiring night course.

That picture made it look easier than caregiving actually is, and this case was inspiring.  Enjoy your weekend!
13 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just read this article and it seemed to help me challenge my negative thoughts. This man is a prisoner in his own body for 21 years and is just happy to be alive! A lot of it he owes to the love and care of his wife. I believe I have that kind of woman too!

Google Kevin Weller and Stroke.

Thought it might be inspiring to others here.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Guy,

Don't give up the goal. I live on an acreage and am pretty self sufficient, but it is hard. The secret is to not get too fixated on any one thing. An example: if you can buy eggs cheaper than you can raise chickens but still want chickens then only keep a couple. Same with Gardening. It is too easy to grow too much and spend all your time doing that instead of something that needs to be done. I have too many apple trees. Every fall I have to find pickers so the bears don't get in them. Pick your priorities and talk it over. You may love producing all that stuff but some one has to process it or sell it or give it away. When you get it right it is a beautiful way to live and as you can see I didn't have to give up the computer, it just has its time and place. Some people in my area make a living with their computer, mostly in the evening so they can live the life they like.

Good luck, it is worth it.

Davit.

Reading this thread: