Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Rough week

12 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know it's working. I just had the best 7 day period since being on the SSRI.

I also had one of those "to see of it's still there" moments on my way home from work. I guess it had to do with me being anxious about reducing the Tryc this weekend and increasing the SSRI to 20 mg. I started thinking about the process while in traffic. Not a good combination. I had a lot going on. I had music playing loud, riding on the Interstate, had just been shopping at Whole Foods and I was thinking about what I mentioned. Had a brief moment of panic. I changed lanes, turned the music off and regained control of my thoughts.

I felt a little anxious this morning. It was meeting day at 7 am and I had taken my med and also 1/3 of a valium. This is way down from the full 5mg I used to take. I think I have taken maybe 2 total this week.

Time to clean out the indoor turtle tank. That should bring me back to normalcy.
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi.

Remember this is replacement therapy to balance chemicals you already have and he may reduce it later if that is what it takes. It is not like the benzos that interfere instead. It is to keep your Seratonan levels at what they are supposed to be.

The main thing is can you live with it. It seems this is a SSRI that most people tolerate well.

Early still I think?

Davit
Happy to be getting off the triavil, but a bit shocked he's increasing the Lexapro. He did say I am only taking 1/3 what most take. Now I will be taking 2/3 of what most take.
Hmmmm that should reduce some anxiety. 

Sounds like you are happy with it. I hope so anyway.

We have had some snow, your turtles would not be happy with it. So far it just melts.

Davit.
Now starts the process of weaning me off the other med I was taking. He's increasing the SSRI and reducing the Trycyclic I was on.
You still sound positive, that is good.

I had a talk with my therapist on why negatives keep showing up when they shouldn't. It was interesting and makes sense. It also explains why some people have a much harder time and why they need an SSRI when others don't. 

Davit.
Thank you, Hugs. I am trying me best.

Had my second appt with my new pschychiatrist tonight. Now begins the weaning off the one med I was taking, which wasn't working anymore, and an increase in Lexapro. I guess I did not realize he was going to increase the SSRI. I am looking forward to getting off the old one.

Time for yoga.

David
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
David,
It's great to hear you speak about relationships, since a lot your posts were focused on meds and activities, but there has to be a sequence to life events.

Good luck
Thanks for the encouragement, Davit.

I do feel I am getting better as well. I have had a good last 3 days. I know it's not always going to be this easy, but I do feel eventually I will have more good days and/or weeks than bad ones.

In the past when I had either stopped my meds or had bad setbacks with panic and depression, I always remember it not being easy. But that brings me back to things that scare me or anyone. You never want to think the bad is going to happen again, but once you have had the bad times you still remember them, which makes any downturn feel like you might be headed that way, again. And that brings me back to what you said about wanting to know if the anxiety is still there. I just always thought I was doing this to myself on purpose, as a kinf of self torment. But I guess we often test ourselves to see what we are made of. I don't like the insecurity of that aspect, but like you say, anxiety is neccesary for survival. Each of us have it built within us.

The runaway anxiety has been lessening. I probably don't give myself enough credit about it. But I have been able to go into several stores without incident, where just a few weeks ago just going into a 7-11 was difficult. Now I have been in large shopping stores and been fine. I do have my shaky times where I avoid them, but more often than not I have been able to conquer this aspect.

Got a little aggrivated yesterday. We went to visit my Mother (Step Mom, my father's second wife, but my Mother since I was 14). The aggrivating part was my step brother, who has moved back home to my Mother's house since my Father died in 2008 (3 years ago from yesterday). There was a moment where my brother used bad language outloud and I told my brother he should not do that in Mom's presence (something my father also would have told him). My brother got defensive, but I stood my ground because I was brought up being taught not to use bad language around women.

Then I brought up the fact that I had my brakes fixed in my car and he asked me how much I paid, and he said he could have done it for 1/3 of the cost. This only aggrivated me more people he is all talk and my car probably would have been in worse shape than before he got his hands on it. He has a history of saying he is going to fix our cars, but never does it. He had done it to my Father on a number of occassions.

So these things aggrivated my a bit. It's not the same anyone going to visit my mother with him being there. My wife and I enjoy her company but he is always there now. He's basically mooching off Mom. But he did finally get a job.

David

No you are most certainly not weird.
You are following a normal pattern that happens when you get better. And you are getting better. 
About memory. Some things are just blocked, not inaccessible like Dissociated memory. The blocked ones you can get back. One small study says vitamin B12 helps. I know it helps me with long term memory. Some times it becomes very clear, but is never scary.

Not all the minds survival skills are scary. 
Anxiety is normal, run away anxiety is not, just a reminder.
Tonight the extra pain pills are giving me anxiety. I may have to take something for it. It will go when the pain goes and I can reduce the pain pills.

Davit

Reading this thread: