Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

New to the Panic group

7 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome payton0625,

I am sorry to read all you have had to endure but I am happy you are on right track to health. I am also glad that you found this site. This site coupled with your other supports will help you to take control of the anxiety. This program is based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) principles. CBT is considered the most evidence based treatment for anxiety. Try to aim to complete one session of the program a week - however, if you need to go slower that is fine. Be sure to complete the homework and you should start to notice a difference within a few weeks.  Have you had experiences with CBT before? If so, how did you find it?

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,

I am new to the group and very excited to learn from others on how you cope and deal with you anxiety/panic disorders.

I have been dealing with Anxiety/Panic disorders for over 17 years.  I have the worst one ever (didn't think it was possible to top some of my others!) this past weekend.  I drove myself to the ER, when I arrived my heart rate was at 160...They hooked me up to an EKG, got labs right away.  They gave me ativan and after a while, that brought my rate down to between 120-140.  After 20 minutes, I could feel it coming back and my rate started to increase again.  They gave me more ativan to help calm me.  After about an hour and two doses, it was hovering between 90-120.  They decided to admit me to the hospital for observation overnight.  They hooked me up to a heart monitor.  I had an echo the following morning, no issues at all with my heart (phew) I had to have a consult with the psych team to evaluate my meds and get me on a good path. I have been on the same meds for 17 years and I think my body got used to them and they were no longer effective.  After the consult I am on a new regime and I am hoping that FINALLY, I can get this under control.  My body is very tired from the events over the weekend. I will be glad when I am feeling back to normal (not sure what that is for someone with anxiety/panic) :) 

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Reading this thread: