Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

anxiety and panic is costing me everything

9 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Fearful1.

You deserve to be free of fear. Get started on the program and use the keyword search to find discussions in the forums that pertain to you. The more information you can arm yourself with the quicker you will work towards ending this fear. Please know that anxiety is one of the most manageable mental health concerns there is. When using this program you should notice a difference within a a few weeks.

In addition to working on CBT, you may also want to get a check up with your doctor to rule out any health issues that may be exacerbating the anxiety. Also, look into changes to your diet or exercise routine. Exercise is important to a healthy lifestyle. You may find yoga and relaxation techniques throughout the day to be beneficial. In addition, take a look at your diet. Some people with anxiety have benefited from an elimination diet to determine which foods cause them to be more anxious. Caffeine, sugar, processed foods and gluten may worsen your anxiety. Also, do a bit of research into natural supplements. There is no quick cure for anxiety but when dealing with severe anxiety a multi pronged approach may be helpful. Probiotics, magnesium and kava kava all have a bit of research backing their effectiveness but do your own research from reputable sources and learn what might help you.

Be proactive about this and you will notice a difference soon. You CAN do this. We will be here to support you every step of the way.

How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, You show perseverance, and are at a good age. I can predict, but what's left of me will support you too.
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome fearful!
Your come to the right place..
Take your time with the sessions and things will start looking up.

Red..

9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fearful,

Hi and welcome,

I have been here since June of this year. When I first joined I was an emotional wreck, having panic attacks on a daily basis. I couldn't even go back to the grocery store where I had a panic attack the beginning of June. I too was afraid of having a heart attack. I have done the program. I have done the homework diligently. It does work. You have to do the work for CBT. I have had a few setbacks, but those are to be expected. It does get better. Use the forums as well, because someone else might be going through or have gone through the same thing and will have words of wisdom/advice for you. I'm still doing the work daily because I want 100% panic free. I'm 70 -80% now, so it does work. Looking forward to hearing about your progress in the next few weeks as you do the course.
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
fearful

Welcome

All I can say is that CBT works and can give you your life back. There are other posts that go into more detail and are worth reading.

Davit
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Where to start?  It's overwhelming thinking about it.  Well I was first diagnosed at age 15. I am 40 now. In and out of counseling .  In and out of hospitalizations twice. Severe fear of dying from heart attack  as in I obsess daily throughout the day. I have worn everyone out around me. I'm needy. Never able to be alone or drive alone or work alone. I can't be alone. I am currently in the process of losing my husband. My mother is not currently not speaking to me. My teenage daughter is indifferent to me. I have a heartbroken toddler that misses his daddy. I guess there is too much to say here but here it is in short. I want my life. I want healing to begin so th at I can have a healthy relationship with anyone and everyone. I want to do nth in gs with my kids I want to sleep well at night. I want to smile and laugh more then I cry. I want to be freed from the grips of fear. I want to love and be loved. I want peace.  Most important I am willing to do whatever to achieve those things and so I am here with great hopes of a new beginning

Reading this thread: