Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

panic around grand-daughter

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Colleen.

Yes definitely, But then I can afford to lose the weight, but it's still annoying, oddly nothing seems to help it and gravol only makes me sleepy. It definitely seems to have something to do with anxiety. I wish I had an answer.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Colleen,

I am so sorry to hear about your family members.  That is incredibly hard and could possibly have triggered your panic to worsen.  Have you looked into talking with a grief counselor?  You may find it to be helpful.

If having someone over when you are with your granddaughter helps then that sounds like a good idea.  Keep working through the program.  Once your panic is more manageable you may feel more comfortable being alone with her.  There is no need to rush anything. She is very lucky to have such a loving grandma!

Have you talked to your doctor about your nausea symptoms? What advice did he/she have to give you?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, i know thaats sounds obsurd. i noticed since she choked on her milk at 2 wks old thaat i am extremely nervous when i feed her. she 12 wks old now and petrifid to be left alone with her as im afraid i will have a panic attack . i usually ask a frend to come over or babysit short periods of time. i adore the baby, she is beautiful and hate that i feel this way.
I also have lost 4 family members this year and this last one really hurt, i felt sick, nauseous and was in highly agitated state for the last few days. I have had a history of GAD and panic problems for many years. I went off of prozac last year thinking i would be ok. (i was on it for 12 yrs) I went back on it 5 days ago ss waiting for it to help.
I get very skinny cause i lose my appetite and get very nauseated when i am anxious.
Anyone else ever lose weight or feel like theres a fist in their stomach?

Reading this thread: