Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

The program

14 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

I love your new avatar. You look so happy with your sewing machine! It is just fabulous!

SIM

14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If anyone has any questions about the program don't be afraid to ask.  We are all in this together and one of the educators will answer your questions or one of us in the group will share our experiences we have had with working the program.

Red
14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   Thanks, Davit.  It was nice of you to respond.
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Only if you have a major heart problem or are prone to stroke. No simulating or inducing should not be done till you are capable of stopping an unintentional one. It is a form of exposure. If you are incapable of physical exertion then you want to be careful with inducing panic.

Davit
14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   I have a bit of a problem with the idea of simulation.  If an actual panic attack is not dangerous or life threatening, how can simulating an attack be dangerous for some people?

14 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for all the inspiration everyone once again.

I have decide to take my time with the program, as you said no point in rushing through with it. Good to know that it does work and that there is a light at the end of this tunnel...The journey has just begun!

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Texan.

Simulating panic can be a bit scary but if you have been able to stop unwanted panic then you can stop the simulated panic just as easy.  The more often you can do this the less often the unwanted ones will show up because your mind will just think it is a planned one and shut it down before it starts. Don't be afraid to put it aside for a while if it gets intimidating. The thing is to make it such a normal part of life that it doesn't exist in your subconscious any more. I guess what I am trying to say is that although it is still there it just wont matter any more. You sound so stable, I am so happy for you. Don't stop now, go for the gold.

Today I did my dig scary out of my control exposure thing. I went into a situation that was bad the last time I did it and this time it was a piece of cake. This was a biggy for me so all you people who think you can't do something cause you will panic, forget it, you can do it without panicking. I did, so can you. Of course I have been working at it a long time too. But oh what a feeling.

For all those who want to know how much time to put into the program. As much time as you can afford, what else have you got to do! Time spent now will pay dividends ten fold in the future. But no skipping and if you have to do something over and over well so be it. Life with an anxiety disorder is life down the tubes, life with out it is life like you have never lived it. It is worth the time no matter how long it takes and you will see improvement well before the course is over, Just ask Texan Lol.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been in the program for longer than 12 weeks and Im at the section right before simulating panic... I don't know if Im ready for all of that quite yet. But if you read my posts from when I 1st started I have made TREMENDOUS steps towards being better. Ask Davit LOL

I think it's completely up to you how you wanna handle the program. Coming here and admitting that there's a "glitch" in your system somewhere is probably the best step you can take. Commit to getting better & find what works for you to accomplish your goals. You'll love the results

14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello TinTin,

As PrincessPat mentioned the amount of time you spend on the program is up to you. Although there is a lot of information, it is broken up into sections which can make it more manageable. Start working through it and see how long it takes you to complete and feel comfortable with each section.

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again, the program is a good place to gain some of that understand you were talkinga bout int he other thread...it seems overwhelming but set a schedule for yourself and try to stick to it. That is what I did. I set the goal to spend 1 hour doing the program 2 days a week. How much free time do you have that you awnt to spend on this?

Reading this thread: