Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Prayers Please

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pi are round, cake are square. things are not always the way we think. 

Your prayers must be working, I'm much better. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been praying for you Davit , I hope you're recovering .
8 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok....now you are just showing off....LOL! The theory of pie I like much better than the theory of Pi. I wish you had help around the house. You may need to put blinders on until you feel a bit better. ;)
God I sound grumpy. It could just be the house cleaning or the fact I'm still pretty sick. Things were growing in my water bottle. That took some scrubbing. 
Clindamycin makes me sick too. I'm resting a lot and getting little done but some is better than none. 
Squirrels are dropping cones on my roof. they roll down and fill the eves trough. 
Very few mosquitoes now.
Washer is done. So I'll put that load in the dryer. Then scrub some more floor. It is going to be a long day. I'll water flower boxes while the floor dries. At least it is cooler today.

Davit
Why would you be impressed. Along with memory goes theory. Theory is the framework, memory fills in the spaces. There is theory behind everything you do. Theory says that if you mix flour and fat some of that flour will be waterproof. If you add water some of that flour will form flakes. More fat, bigger flakes. Colder the pastry, the more expansion, so lighter the pastry. All theory, memory tells you amounts and process.

Sugar pulls the moisture out of apples, flour absorbs that moisture but robs the sugar. Corn starch absorbs the moisture but doesn't rob the sugar. Cooking the apple, sugar and corn starch together till glazed keeps the crust from getting soggy and uses less sugar. Less cooking time too. More theory.

Mix cake thicker than normal and stir in a cup of boiling water. It activates the baking powder and sets the flour around the bubbles from the inside out for a really moist cake. Bake as usual. Better than Betty Crocker.

Davit
I've never seen digestive cookies. I'm impressed that you make pie. I'm a BIG fan of pie! 
   Hope you are feeling a bit better today!

Low or no sugar high fibre cookie. Mind you Cadbury puts chocolate on theirs. More than likely made in USA or UK.

Davit.
Eggshells...you can deliver that pie to me. I'm not in as bad shape as Davit, but I need a slice first as I am feeling poorly (moan, sigh!). I will then pass the pie to Grizzly Adams...er....Davit. 

Davit? What are digestive cookies? Is that some weird Canadian thing?? 
glazed raspberry pie. 

Put a cup of raspberries through a strainer to get the juice. Add enough water to make a cup and add 3/4 cup sugar and a heaping TBS of corn starch. Heat till boiling and thick.  Fill a cooked 9" shell with firm fresh raspberries. Pour glaze over berries. Cool and put lots of whipped cream on it and more fresh raspberries. Very rich. Alternate, make a crumb crust with digestive cookies. Or just sprinkle them between the pie and whipped cream. 

Betty crocker hey, Hmm I think I like Grizzly Adams better. I can cook though. Right now I could use help more than anything. Home support will start again, just not right away.

Store bought pizza for supper. Pills are making me nauseous but the pain is less. No morphine today so withdrawal will start now, anxiety and headaches. yuk. If it gets bad there is valium. It usually doesn't get that bad.

Davit

8 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Davit,

I agree with Red, You need to rest and recover even if it means disconnecting the world of wanting to help others until you are much better. I also know its easier said then done but you can do it. You have many friends whom wish to see you recover more than needing something from you. That is the true meaning of friendship.

Now, about this pie making thing..Tell me what kind of pie and where to ship to you on skype. You need rest. Goodness, I want to nickname you Betty Crocker. I hope that brought a smile to your face. 

Reading this thread: