Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Going back to school

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One day at a time is a great philosophy!     Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sanduru,

I just read your post. I can really relate to how you are feeling. I don't even have to move away and I find going back to school nerve racking. and I get hating change, I find I hate change myself. I am starting a new program this year. I finished on last spring, graduated. Now I am going to do a new degree and am kinda freaking out a bit here and there. But I have learned to accept that I will have some panicky moments over this. I try to figure out what needs to be done and focus on that. I try to take it one day or moment at a time and just see where that takes me. I find if I break things down I find them more manageable. If I think of the year ahead I feel paniky so I just focus on getting through one day at a time and doing m,y best. I find accepting my fear, taking it by the hand and just going on with my day is often the best tactic. I find fighting it and not accepting it makes it worse....

As for the shcool counselor, I must admit I am all for counselling.

Sorry that I don't have anything wiser to say. All I can is I get where you are coming from and you can get through this. I am exhausted atm and am not sure I am making sense, so I will leave you for now and I hope to have news from you soon!
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Nice to hear from you again Sanduru , here anytime

15 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Sanduru
Glad you wrote to update, was wondering how you are doing now?  Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better!
15 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all so much for the kind words. You're all great people.

Classes start today so I'm going to be busier and I'm hoping that works out. The first couple weeks are always tough but I think all of this advice will get me through it.

Thanks again to all of you

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there Sanduru . Sorry to read of the the tough time you are having atm . Its amazing that you have done so well , three years is along time . Just the last teeny bit to go , i know you can do it . I know its rough but hopefully you will soon be in the swing of things and more settled . Then hopefully time will fly so you can rejoin your family and start your new life with what YOU want to do .

Keep coming here if you need us , will help as much as i/we can .
15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sanduru-
What you are doing is great! and focus on that! School is a very powerful thing and you can use it in the way you choose once you complete this portion. You are not the only one that feels anxious I can guarantee that, so don't feel like you are the only one. Talking to some one is a great idea cause that will assure you you're not alone. If someone tells you to just get over it, I can bet they they have something that makes them anxious too.  They just aren't showing it.  We all put our pants on one leg at a time, or in other words, we're all human. Some one may not be bothered by school but if a mouse crawled across the floor they might be standing on the bed. Hope you can find some joy in today!!!!!
Birdie

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sanduru,   Focus on the fact that you are in your final year and how far you have come. Review this program and work through it again if you need to...........it may benefit you to work through the anxiety and find the tools to help you deal with the panic. As well you know that you always have supportive friends here who definitely DO understand what you are going through.   As April suggested, writing down your feelings will help to organize your thoughts better and get the anxiety out on paper.   As Miki nicely put it, think of change as growth............that is definitely a more empowering and positive way of perceiving this experience.   Don't forget about deep breathing also. Make a list of your successes no matter how small and then reward yourself with something nice just for yourself!   Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.     Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Change is definetly a difficult thing to deal with but I, knowing how hard it is to go to school with panic, think of how courageous you are that you are there. Great job to that!! I actually stopped using the word change and instead use the word grow... we will be the same person still, your family and your loved ones are still going to be the same people who loved you and who you love, but you will come back to them with a lot of new accomplishments, stories, and knowledge! And that is definitly priceless. Congrats on making things happen. You are someone's hero for sure (me!)
15 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Did writing how you feel make you feel a bit better?  And knowing that people on here will understand how you are feeling?  I remember when I was in school, I always found September a stressful month, I get panicky when there is change and I am not settled, even now when September rolls around I feel like it with having kids at school.  Is there any type of club or class that you could join not related to your regular school subjects that will give you something new to focus on and keep you busier at night, so you aren't over thinking what's happen?  Just an idea....I hope that you are feeling a bit better now?

Reading this thread: