Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,720 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade

summer storms are here

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI, I know I go on about his a bit, but its important to me.  Today its supposed to rain a bit some scattered thunderstorms, and i'm going to try stay home and keep busy. Running around is too tiring.  I have a lovely home, and its cozy, and I would like to know I feel safe and cozy in it.  I feel anxious and tired if I run around all day to be with others.  So i'm going to try brave it this morning and watch a movie.!!

A couple of my coworkers when I was working were telling me how they loved storms, and I was terrified!! I see you can buy cd's at the store that have the sound of thunder and rain.  The wind scares me too,  and the lighting if its to the ground, I think its going to hit my house..never mind there are hundreds of houses around me..*L*.  The thunder shakes the pictures on the wall sometimes..hehe. thanks for sharing your storm stories with me:)

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya DM,

I have the complete reverse attitude with storms. I do not mind the wind so much. We have had many storms over here this summer with lots of wind. I mean my front door was actuallt moving and shaking from the wind and I felt just fine. But when that thunder and lighning hits I just go out of my mind!

This one point this lightning hits and the lights cut out and the thunder shakes the whole house! I thought I would die of fright (Of course I did not lol!). But yeah, wind is not an issue for me but  thunder and lightning turns me into a complete chicken!

Funny how us human beings are !

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DazedMommy,

Wow, sounds like quite the storm!
I agree, I like thunder and lightning, watching a storm can be really relaxing...without the wind of course!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Minn and everyone..

Glad to hear there wasn't much damage.

We had an outrageous windstorm here in BC the other day.  There were many power outages, trees down and traffic issues..  Wind is one of the things I do find very scary in storms.  A couple of years ago we were hit with a terrible windy season and peoples house were damaged and there was horrible damage done to BC's larges tourist attraction Stanley park.
. Over 3000 trees were lost and some were over 500 years old. It was devastating... That's when I learned how scary mother nature can be...

I do love the thunder and lightning though but I can sure do without the wind...  yikes!!

DM
Hiya Minn.,

I am really glad to hear damage was minimal around your place :)
HI Diva:) thanks for your post.  We drove around on saturday, and we didnt have any tree damage, but near my bro in law, there were a lot of big branches down.  We were lucky:)
Hiya Minn.,
 Wow sounds like you have company being nervous during storms. Good on you for distracting yourself during the storm! Oh and I do not think it is silly finding the cute one to be a nice distraction . Congratulations on all your progress!
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well well well lol , worth having a storm for eh  . Must say congrats , how nice was it to read you telling someone that you thought it was cool , thats such a feat .

Good on you Miki with the praticing for driving to the library well done .
HI Diva, thanks:) tonight we had a storm again, it wasnt as bad as yesterday. My husbands friends were over and one of the wives was texting her hubby every two mins to come home as it was getting darker and darker.  It was kind of relieving to know it wasnt just me!!!! He said his wife was scared of bad weather.  She was texting him the path of the storm and all that, and I thought she was a tough cookie, but she was scared like me.  I didnt feel as scared knowing I wasnt alone. One of the other guys said his girlfriends used to text him all the time to come home when it got bad, so it was a bit comforting to me that i'm not alone.  We played video games the four of us while it was thundering and lightening, and was a good distraction, besides the one guy is super cute:) that was a good distraction..:) silly me..:) miNN

Reading this thread: