Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Job Interview tomorrow

8 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got a job a long ways away but my mum is going to drive with me to work every day and then come pick me up. It'll be a lot of driving for us, more so for her, but that's the plan. I will be the driver she will be the passenger. No complaints. This is what we've decided as a family and with my therapist. 
I am happy I got a job.
I didn't get that job but I got an even better job. 
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How did the interview go?
8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi MeganIsBack,

How did the interview go? What happened?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Megan

NO NO, you don't stay in exposure till your scared only till you can feel a bit anxious and then you say is this really that bad. If it is then you were in exposure too long. As for the job interview, what are you going to do if you get it. Will you be able to take a taxi to work or is it too far away. 

Davit
No.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't have any advice for the driving part...but for the interview portion, can you take an MP3 player or your phone with some calming/relaxing music to listen to, either during the 30 minute paperwork session or before the interview starts?
I have a job interview tomorrow. The pathetic thing is it's a literal 5 minute drive away and still out of my comfort zone when last year I had a driving phobia and could go 3 miles for a job interview. So I am getting worse. The thing is to make it worse it's 
a) in the morning- when I'm worst to be driving alone
b) my parents are going to Canada to go to to the beach so I can't call anyone if I get an anxiety attack
c) is a 2 hour interview in a large complex where they leave you alone for about 30 minutes to fill out paperwork/resume. 

Advice. 

Reading this thread: